The easiest method of determining turkey roasting durations is to multiply the weight of the bird by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals around 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey). If your turkey weights 18 to 20 pounds, roast it at the following temperatures:
- 312 to 334 hours at 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 334 to 4 hours
- 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 to 414 hours
- 325°F for 414 to 412 hours at 325°F
- 1 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 2 How long does it take to cook an 18 pound turkey at 350 degrees?
- 3 How long does it cook take to cook an 18 pound turkey?
- 4 How long do you cook an 18 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
- 5 How long does it take to cook a 17 lb turkey?
- 6 How long do you cook a stuffed 18 lb turkey?
- 7 What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
- 8 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 9 Should I cover my turkey with foil while cooking?
- 10 How long do you cook a 17 lb stuffed turkey?
- 11 Should you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How long does it take to cook an 18 pound turkey at 350 degrees?
Depending on the temperature of the oven and whether or not your turkey recipe asks for a filled or an unstuffed bird, the amount of time it takes to cook a turkey might vary. Roasting a turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound of weight for an unstuffed bird is our recommendation.
How long does it cook take to cook an 18 pound turkey?
Please keep in mind that turkeys and home ovens are all different. However, in general, you will want to roast an unstuffed turkey at 325 degrees for around 15 minutes per pound of weight. The cooking time for an 18-pounder would be around four and a half hours. Roasting a stuffed chicken will increase the amount of time it takes to cook.
How long do you cook an 18 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey at 325°F for 334- to 414.4 hours for a 14- to 18-pound bird. Roast one 18- to 20-pound turkey at 325°F for 414 to 412 hours for a total of 414 to 412 hours. Roast a 20- to 24-pound turkey at 325°F for 4 12 to 5 hours, depending on its size.
How long does it take to cook a 17 lb turkey?
What is the approximate cooking time for a turkey?
|Turkey Weight||Cooking Time||Doneness Temperature|
|6-8 lb. breast||2 hrs 15 mins–3 hrs 15 mins||165°F|
|8-12 lbs.||2 hrs 45 mins–3 hrs||170-175°F|
|12-14 lbs.||3 hrs–3 hrs 45 mins||170-175°F|
|14-18 lbs.||3 hrs 45 mins–4 hrs 15 mins||170-175°F|
How long do you cook a stuffed 18 lb turkey?
How Long Should a Stuffed Turkey Be Cooked?
- Roast a 10- to 12-pound turkey for 314 to 312 hours for a 10- to 12-pound bird.
- Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey for 3 12 to 4 hours, depending on its size.
- Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey for 4 to 414 hours, depending on its size.
- Roast an 18- to 20-pound turkey for 414 to 434 hours if it weighs 18 to 20 pounds.
- Roast a 20- to 24-pound turkey for 43- to 51-hours, depending on its size.
What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
Place the turkey in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, uncovered. Start the cooking at 400°F for the first 20 minutes of the 15-pound turkey to allow it to brown properly. Continue cooking at 325°F for the next 1 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches around 140°F to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the breast is cooked through.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
In spite of the fact that some recipes specify that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, turkey is safe to consume once it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Breasts overcooked beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit will result in dry meat, whereas dark flesh can be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
Should I cover my turkey with foil while cooking?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
How long do you cook a 17 lb stuffed turkey?
It takes longer to cook a filled turkey than it does an unstuffed bird. Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight.
Should you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
A: The Butterball company recommends roasting the turkey in a roasting pan without covering it. Butterball recommends placing aluminum foil over the breast region halfway through the cooking process to prevent it from being overly dried out.