- 1 Which fish is best for Indian curry?
- 2 Which is the best fish for curry?
- 3 How do you make fish curry less sour?
- 4 Is fish head curry an Indian dish?
- 5 Which is the most expensive fish in India?
- 6 Which Indian fish taste best?
- 7 Which is the tastiest fish?
- 8 Which state is famous for fish curry and rice?
- 9 Which fish is best for fry?
- 10 How do you find the depth of curry flavor?
- 11 How do you get rid of tamarind sour taste in curry?
- 12 What is traditional Goan food?
- 13 Is Fish Head Curry Chinese?
Which fish is best for Indian curry?
There are a variety of fishes that is used for preparing the fish curry. For preparing a delicious Meen Kozhambu, generally they use the korameena or black sole which taste extremely good. Other fishes like the Mackerel or sardines varieties are also used. Mackerel and sardines are very common fishes around the world.
Which is the best fish for curry?
Best Fish for Curry
- cod (all types)
How do you make fish curry less sour?
You made a dish too sour If your dish tastes too sour try to add sweetness—think sugar, honey (it’s healthy!), cream or even caramelized onions. You can also dilute the dish (same as you would with a dish with too much salt). As a last resort, add a pinch of baking soda to make the dish more alkaline.
Is fish head curry an Indian dish?
Blending the spices of a typical South Indian fish curry with the fish head, the dish is a delicacy among the Chinese. Fish head curry was first sold from a stall at Sophia Road in 1949. It was the brainchild of Indian immigrant, M. J. Gomez, even though the head of the fish was not particularly an Indian delicacy.
Which is the most expensive fish in India?
Ghol is touted to be the most expensive fish in India currently. Native to the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean, it has netted a record-breaking price at fish auctions around the coasts of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Fishermen also refer to it as the ‘sea gold’ as it helps them tide over their financial crises.
Which Indian fish taste best?
Known as the Indian butterfish, Pomfret or Paplet is a type of Butterfish that is widely found in South Asia, including the Indian Ocean. Delicious in taste, this fish is rich in protein and has a tremendous amount of omega 3 fatty acids.
Which is the tastiest fish?
What Is the Best Fish to Eat?
- Cod. Taste: Cod has a very mild, milky flavor.
- Sole. Taste: Sole is another fish with a mild, almost sweet flavor.
- Halibut. Taste: Halibut has a sweet, meaty flavor that’s widely popular.
- Sea Bass. Taste: Sea bass has a very mild, delicate flavor.
Which state is famous for fish curry and rice?
West Bengal. West Bengal is famously known as the land of Maach aar Bhaat (fish and rice). Their cuisine is as rich and distinct as the state itself.
Which fish is best for fry?
Best Fish to Deep Fry
- Alaskan Cod.
- Striped Bass.
How do you find the depth of curry flavor?
There are so many things you can do to improve this; in no particular order:
- Use chicken thighs instead of breasts for more flavour.
- Use ghee or butter to make the dish fuller in flavour.
- Use yogurt instead of heavy cream.
- Use lemon or lime juice.
- Add sugar.
- Add whole peppercorns while cooking.
- Garam masala.
How do you get rid of tamarind sour taste in curry?
If the rasam/sambar becomes too sour with too much tamarind, add a teaspoon of sugar to lessen the sourness. If you accidentally put too much salt in curries, don’t worry! Just peel and cut a potato and add 1 -2 pieces to the curry while cooking.
What is traditional Goan food?
The cuisine of Goan people is mostly seafood-based; the staple foods are rice and fish. Kingfish (vison or visvan) is one of the most commonly eaten varieties of fish.. Other fish varieties include pomfret, shark, tuna, sardines, and mackerel.
Is Fish Head Curry Chinese?
Fish head curry is unique to Singapore, the epitome of a cultural melting pot. It mixes the spices of a typical South Indian curry with the fish head, a delicacy among the Chinese. Every ethnic group here has its own version of the dish, with slight variations to the curry.