- 1 Which fish is best for Indian curry?
- 2 How do you make fish curry less sour?
- 3 Is fish head curry an Indian dish?
- 4 Can we cook fish curry in cast iron?
- 5 Which is the most expensive fish in India?
- 6 Which Indian fish taste best?
- 7 How do you find the depth of curry flavor?
- 8 What is traditional Goan food?
- 9 How do you get rid of tamarind sour taste in curry?
- 10 Where did fish head curry come from?
- 11 Which iron Kadai is best?
- 12 What is the disadvantage of cast iron?
Which fish is best for Indian curry?
There are a variety of fishes that is used for preparing the fish curry. For preparing a delicious Meen Kozhambu, generally they use the korameena or black sole which taste extremely good. Other fishes like the Mackerel or sardines varieties are also used. Mackerel and sardines are very common fishes around the world.
How do you make fish curry less sour?
You made a dish too sour If your dish tastes too sour try to add sweetness—think sugar, honey (it’s healthy!), cream or even caramelized onions. You can also dilute the dish (same as you would with a dish with too much salt). As a last resort, add a pinch of baking soda to make the dish more alkaline.
Is fish head curry an Indian dish?
Blending the spices of a typical South Indian fish curry with the fish head, the dish is a delicacy among the Chinese. Fish head curry was first sold from a stall at Sophia Road in 1949. It was the brainchild of Indian immigrant, M. J. Gomez, even though the head of the fish was not particularly an Indian delicacy.
Can we cook fish curry in cast iron?
I have used a lodge cast iron kadai to cook the fish curry. I remove it from the kadai as soon the cooking process is completed. But if you are worried about the curry reacting with the cast iron and imparting metallic taste, use a non-reactive kadai to prepare the dish.
Which is the most expensive fish in India?
Ghol is touted to be the most expensive fish in India currently. Native to the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean, it has netted a record-breaking price at fish auctions around the coasts of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Fishermen also refer to it as the ‘sea gold’ as it helps them tide over their financial crises.
Which Indian fish taste best?
Known as the Indian butterfish, Pomfret or Paplet is a type of Butterfish that is widely found in South Asia, including the Indian Ocean. Delicious in taste, this fish is rich in protein and has a tremendous amount of omega 3 fatty acids.
How do you find the depth of curry flavor?
There are so many things you can do to improve this; in no particular order:
- Use chicken thighs instead of breasts for more flavour.
- Use ghee or butter to make the dish fuller in flavour.
- Use yogurt instead of heavy cream.
- Use lemon or lime juice.
- Add sugar.
- Add whole peppercorns while cooking.
- Garam masala.
What is traditional Goan food?
The cuisine of Goan people is mostly seafood-based; the staple foods are rice and fish. Kingfish (vison or visvan) is one of the most commonly eaten varieties of fish.. Other fish varieties include pomfret, shark, tuna, sardines, and mackerel.
How do you get rid of tamarind sour taste in curry?
If the rasam/sambar becomes too sour with too much tamarind, add a teaspoon of sugar to lessen the sourness. If you accidentally put too much salt in curries, don’t worry! Just peel and cut a potato and add 1 -2 pieces to the curry while cooking.
Where did fish head curry come from?
Fish head curry was created in the kitchen of a small Indian restaurant in the 1940s. Fish head is not considered an Indian ingredient, but to please his Chinese customers, restaurant owner M.J. Gomez—a restaurant owner from the Southern Indian state of Kerala—blended Indian curry with the Chinese favourite fish head.
Which iron Kadai is best?
The Best Cast Iron Cookware Manufacturers In India
- Logic Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet by Lodge.
- Cast Iron Kadai Set from Zishta.
- Cast Iron Skillet from Rock Tawa.
- Enameled Cast Iron Wok Pan by Alda.
- Premium Cast Iron Kadai from Ferus.
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid by Solimo.
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Frying pan from Meyer.
What is the disadvantage of cast iron?
Disadvantages of cast iron cookware Cast iron is heavier than other cookware. Bare cast iron is not the best for boiling water and cooking acidic foods. Cast iron cookware will need re-seasoning. Cast iron pans take longer to heat up.