- 1 How much rice do you cook per person?
- 2 How much rice do I need for 80 servings?
- 3 How can I cater cheaply?
- 4 What is the ratio of water and rice?
- 5 How long does it take for rice to cook?
- 6 How much water do you put for half a cup of rice?
- 7 How much rice do I need for 2 cups?
- 8 What’s the cheapest food to cater?
- 9 How can I cater my wedding cheaply?
- 10 How do you cater a buffet for 100 people?
How much rice do you cook per person?
For reference, the per person average serving size of cooked rice as part of a main dish is one cup of cooked rice, and 1/2 cup of cooked rice if used as a side dish. So for the average meal, you would need one third cup of raw, uncooked rice per person. Rice is always a good option for a meal.
How much rice do I need for 80 servings?
How many cups of rice do I need for 80 people? 80 cups would be enough for 80 guests with an average appetite. Depending on what else you are serving, you might get some leftover rice. Since rice is relatively cheap, I wouldn’t reduce this amount any further.
How can I cater cheaply?
On a Budget? 8 Cheap Catering Ideas
- Serve breakfast, any time. It’s no secret that morning menus are cheap.
- Arrange buffets over boxed lunches.
- Opt for less expensive cuts of meat.
- Choose cost-efficient cuisines.
- Remember, time is money.
- Behave at the bar.
- Go casual and forgo staff.
- Understand proper portions.
What is the ratio of water and rice?
To cook long-grained white rice on the stove, use a 2 to 1 water to rice ratio. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. You can add an optional pinch of salt if you wish.
How long does it take for rice to cook?
Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice and salt and return to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, 16 to 18 minutes (check only toward the end of cooking time).
How much water do you put for half a cup of rice?
How much water do I use for half a cup of rice? Use a ratio of 1 1/2 water to 1 rice, so use 3/4 cup water to 1/2 cup rice. Put both in microwave container with vented lid.
How much rice do I need for 2 cups?
Measure one cup of long grain white rice into a cup and level it off. One cup of dry rice will make enough cooked rice for two to three adult servings. (Or two adults and two small children.) The cool thing about this recipe is it is proportional.
What’s the cheapest food to cater?
The cheapest food to cater is any rice or noodle-based cultural cuisine. Mexican, Indian, and Thai dishes are delicious and affordable. Or, if you’re hosting an event during the day, serve brunch and breakfast items.
How can I cater my wedding cheaply?
Tips to Reduce Wedding Reception Dinner Costs
- Research Ingredient Costs Ahead of Time.
- Serve a Single-Course Dinner or Skip Dinner Entirely.
- Focus on Nontraditional Cuts of Meat.
- Go Completely Vegetarian.
- Set Up a Build-Your-Own Bar.
- Do a Basic Buffet.
- Serve Family-Style.
- Limit Entree Options.
How do you cater a buffet for 100 people?
So, for an event of 100 guests, you’ll need 80 platters to feed the guests at “full meal” capacity. You may feel the need to order 1-2 more than your calculation, but keep in mind that different guests have different levels of appetite.