Set the temperature of the smoker to 240°F if you’re smoking a whole turkey. According to the package directions, cook it for 30-40 minutes per pound of meat. A little 8-pound turkey will take around 4 hours to cook, while a bigger 12-pound bird would take approximately 6 hours.
Roast for 2-1/4 hours at 325°F in a preheated oven.Remove the aluminum foil and cut a strip of skin or string between the drumsticks to ensure that the thighs cook evenly.Continue roasting for another 30 to 45 minutes (1 to 1-1/4 hours if stuffing is used), or until the thermometer registers 180°F and the center of the stuffing (if using) reaches 165°F, depending on how much filling you used.
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 12 pound turkey?
- 2 How much Turkey do I need to cook for a party?
- 3 How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees?
- 4 What temperature should a turkey breast be cooked to?
- 5 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 6 How long does it take to cook an 8 pound turkey at 350?
- 7 How long does it take to cook an unstuffed 8 pound turkey?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a 8.5 pound turkey?
- 9 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 10 Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
- 11 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 12 What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
- 13 Do you put butter on a turkey before cooking?
- 14 How often should you baste turkey?
- 15 How long should a turkey rest?
- 16 How long do I cook my turkey for Butterball?
- 17 How long should I cook a 9 lb turkey?
- 18 How long does it take to cook a 9 pound turkey?
- 19 How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
How long does it take to cook a 12 pound turkey?
Roast a turkey (8 to 12 pounds) at 325°F for 234 to 3 hours, depending on its size. Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 3 to 334 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird. What is the approximate cooking time for a 12 pound turkey at 300 degrees?
How much Turkey do I need to cook for a party?
We talked with the USDA, which is the world’s foremost authority on all things turkey, and came up with this simple advice for cooking success. 1 1/2 pounds (uncooked) turkey per person is a good estimate. Make sure you provide adequate time for thawing your bird; here’s our thawing instructions to help you.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees?
Roast a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes each pound of weight. Important: Check the internal temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when the thermometer is placed in the center of the stuffing, according to the manufacturer’s instructions. How long should a stuffed turkey be baked at 325 degrees?
What temperature should a turkey breast be cooked to?
The temperature of the breast should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit, and the temperature of the thigh should be at least 170 degrees Celsius. Is it possible to roast a turkey at 250 degrees? Cook the turkey for an extra 20 minutes per pound of weight at 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How long does it take to cook an 8 pound turkey at 350?
Roasting a turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound of weight for an unstuffed bird is our recommendation.
How long does it take to cook an unstuffed 8 pound turkey?
Traditionally prepared roast turkey (unstuffed)
|8 to 12 pounds||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|8 to 12 pounds||3 to 3 1/2 hours|
|12 to 14 pounds||3 1/2 to 4 hours|
|14 to 18 pounds||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
How long does it take to cook a 8.5 pound turkey?
The general rule of thumb for baking a stuffed turkey in the oven at 325° F is 15 minutes per pound of bird (30 minutes per kilogram). The Art of Cooking the Perfect Turkey
|Weight||Stuffed Turkey||Unstuffed Turkey|
|16 – 19 lbs / 7.25 – 8.5 kg||4 – 4 ½ hours||3 ½ – 4 hours|
|10 – 22 lbs / 8.5 – 10 kg||4 ½ – 5 ¼ hours||4 – 4 ½ hours|
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
Cover your roasting pan with a lid or aluminum foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on the size of your bird) before removing the lid or foil and continuing to cook uncovered for the remaining time. Every half hour or so, baste your turkey with a little olive oil. Basting, on the other hand, will not make your turkey moister; instead, it will encourage even browning of the skin.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
In spite of the fact that some recipes specify that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, turkey is safe to consume once it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Breasts overcooked beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit will result in dry meat, whereas dark flesh can be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
Maintain a temperature of 325°F during the cooking process to ensure that the turkey is fully cooked without getting overcooked.
Do you put butter on a turkey before cooking?
A coating of butter placed beneath the skin of your Thanksgiving turkey before roasting will impart rich flavor and moisture to the bird while it cooks.
How often should you baste turkey?
How often should you bast a turkey? The majority of turkey recipes will instruct you to baste your bird every 30 minutes. Nevertheless, our rule of thumb is really every forty minutes, and the following is why. There is no use in opening the oven too many times because the entire chicken will take considerably longer to cook, which is a major nuisance.
How long should a turkey rest?
The length of resting time required varies depending on the size of the bird, but at a minimum, 20 minutes are required. Depending on the temperature of the space, a big bird may hold its breath for up to 40 minutes or more.
How long do I cook my turkey for Butterball?
Butterball advised the following cooking times for a chicken that was not stuffed: 1.
- 6-7 pounds: 2-212 hours
- 7-8 pounds: 2-212 hours
- 7-10 pounds: 212-3 hours
- 11-20 pounds: 212-3 hours
- 3312 hours for 10-18 pounds
- 3312 hours for 20-30 pounds
- 3312 hours for 30 pounds
- 3 to 4 hours for 18-22 pounds
- 3 to 4 hours for 22 pounds.
- 22-24 pounds: 4-412 hours
- 4 12 to 5 hours for 24-30 pounds
How long should I cook a 9 lb turkey?
- Weights ranging from 4 to 8 pounds (breast alone) take 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours.
- 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 13 to 18 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 18 to 20 pounds
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 22 to 24 pounds
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 25 to 30 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
How long does it take to cook a 9 pound turkey?
When cooking an unstuffed turkey, a good rule of thumb is 15 to 20 minutes per pound of bird weight.
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long Should a Turkey Be Roasted?
- Roast a turkey (8 to 12 pounds) at 325°F for 234 to 3 hours or until done.
- Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 3 to 334 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird.
- Using a 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 334 to 414 hours.
- Roast one 18- to 20-pound turkey at 325°F for 414 to 412 hours for a total of 414 to 412 hours.