How long should a turkey be roasted?
- Weights ranging from 4 to 8 pounds (breast alone) take 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours.
- 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 13 to 18 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 18 to 20 pounds
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 22 to 24 pounds
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 25 to 30 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 1 How long to cook a Turkey in the oven?
- 2 How long to roast a stuffed turkey per pound?
- 3 What is the best temperature to cook a Turkey?
- 4 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 5 How many minutes per pound do you cook turkey?
- 6 How long does a 5 kilo turkey take to cook?
- 7 How long does a 14 lb turkey take to cook at 325?
- 8 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 9 Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
- 10 How long does it take for a 7 pound turkey to cook?
- 11 How long do you cook a turkey calculator?
- 12 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 13 How long does it take to cook a 6.7 kg turkey?
- 14 How long does it take to cook a 5.5 kg turkey?
- 15 How long do I cook a 3.7 kg turkey?
- 16 How long do I cook a 14 pound Butterball turkey?
- 17 What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
- 18 Do you put butter on a turkey before cooking?
How long to cook a Turkey in the oven?
Make sure to inspect your oven before the big day to ensure that it is in excellent operating order. How long should a turkey be cooked per pound? When cooking an unstuffed turkey, a good rule of thumb is 15 to 20 minutes per pound of bird weight.
How long to roast a stuffed turkey per pound?
- Roast a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes each pound of weight.
- Important: Check the internal temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when the thermometer is placed in the center of the stuffing, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove the package of giblets from the cavity of the bird and set them aside to use in gravy or stuffing the following day.
What is the best temperature to cook a Turkey?
The turkey is done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow the turkey to rest for at least 30 minutes before carving and serving. 3 It is advised to use an oven thermometer as well as a meat thermometer in order to obtain precise temperature readings.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How many minutes per pound do you cook turkey?
Calculate the cooking time and temperature for a turkey. The simplest method of calculating turkey roasting times is to multiply the weight of the turkey by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey), or multiply the weight of the turkey by 15 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 4 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey).
How long does a 5 kilo turkey take to cook?
Cook for around 35 to 40 minutes per kg of meat. The 5kg turkey used in this recipe will take around 3 to 312 hours to cook. Check on your turkey every 20 minutes or so and bast it with the delicious juices from the bottom of the pan to prevent it from drying out. Remove the foil after 212 hours to let the skin to get brown and crispy.
How long does a 14 lb turkey take to cook at 325?
Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 3 to 334 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird. Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey at 325°F for 334- to 414.4 hours for a 14- to 18-pound bird. Roast one 18- to 20-pound turkey at 325°F for 414 to 412 hours for a total of 414 to 412 hours.
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
Cover your roasting pan with a lid or aluminum foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on the size of your bird) before removing the lid or foil and continuing to cook uncovered for the remaining time. Every half hour or so, baste your turkey with a little olive oil. Basting, on the other hand, will not make your turkey moister; instead, it will encourage even browning of the skin.
How long does it take for a 7 pound turkey to cook?
The usual rule of thumb is to roast the turkey breast for 20 minutes per pound of turkey breast weight. So, for example, if my turkey breast weights 7 pounds, I will cook it for 140 minutes (2 hours and 20 minutes). When the timer goes off, check the temperature of the breast in the meatiest part to ensure it reaches 165 degrees F.
How long do you cook a turkey calculator?
Third, the temperature of different ovens might vary somewhat.
|Turkey Size||Cooking Time (unstuffed)||Cooking Time (stuffed)|
|12 – 14 lbs||3 – 3 ¾ hours||3 ½ – 4 hours|
|14 – 18 lbs||3 ¾ – 4 ¼ hours||4 – 4 ¼ hours|
|18 – 20 lbs||4 ¼ – 4 ½ hours||4 ¼ – 4 ¾ hours|
|20 – 24 lbs||4 ½ – 5 hours||4 ¾ – 5 ¼ hours|
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
In spite of the fact that some recipes specify that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, turkey is safe to consume once it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Breasts overcooked beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit will result in dry meat, whereas dark flesh can be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long does it take to cook a 6.7 kg turkey?
Roasting timings for a 10–12 lb (4.5–5.5 kg) unstuffed turkey are as follows: 3–3 and a quarter hours. 12–16 pound (5.5–7.25 kg) 3 1/4–3 1/2 hours is a good estimate. The weight ranges from 16–20 lb (7.25–9.0 kg). 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours is a good estimate.
How long does it take to cook a 5.5 kg turkey?
Chart for cooking a turkey:
|4 to 6||10 – 12 lb (4.5 – 5.5 kg)||3 – 3-1/4 hours|
|8 to 10||12 – 16 lb (5.5 – 7 kg)||3-1/4 – 3-1/2 hours|
|12 to 16||16 – 22 lb (7 – 10 kg)||3-1/2 – 4 hours|
How long do I cook a 3.7 kg turkey?
Turkey cooking times
- Allow 45 minutes per kilogram of turkey, plus an additional 20 minutes, for a bird weighing less than 4.5kg.
- For a turkey weighing between 4.5kg and 6.5kg, allow 40 minutes per kilogram of weight.
- For a turkey weighing more than 6.5kg, allow 35 minutes per kilogram of weight.
How long do I cook a 14 pound Butterball turkey?
Lift the turkey onto a tray and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before cutting it into slices. 4-4 1/2 hours; 7 to 9 pounds; 4 to 4 1/2 hours. 9-12 pounds / 4 1/2 to 5 hours 12-14 pounds in 5-6 hours
What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
Place the turkey in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, uncovered. Start the cooking at 400°F for the first 20 minutes of the 15-pound turkey to allow it to brown properly. Continue cooking at 325°F for the next 1 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches around 140°F to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the breast is cooked through.
Do you put butter on a turkey before cooking?
A coating of butter placed beneath the skin of your Thanksgiving turkey before roasting will impart rich flavor and moisture to the bird while it cooks.