Recipe for the most basic of dishes Placing the chicken breast-side up in a roasting pan, and roasting it for 40 minutes per 1 kilogram for the first 4 kg, then 45 minutes for every 1 kg above that weight, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70 degrees Celsius. The cooking time for a turkey of this weight should be between 312 and 4 hours.
- 1 How long does a 5kg turkey take to cook?
- 2 How do I cook a 6.5 kg turkey?
- 3 How long do you cook a turkey chart?
- 4 How long does 2kg of turkey take to cook?
- 5 How long does it take to cook a 6kg turkey?
- 6 How do you cook a 4.5 kg turkey?
- 7 How big of a turkey do I need for 8?
- 8 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 9 How long do you cook a 7 9 kg turkey?
- 10 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 11 Should you cover a turkey with aluminum foil?
- 12 How many does a 4.5 kg turkey feed?
- 13 How long does it take to cook a 3.4 kg turkey crown?
- 14 How long does it take to cook a 6.5 kg turkey?
How long does a 5kg turkey take to cook?
Cook for around 35 to 40 minutes per kg of meat. The 5kg turkey used in this recipe will take around 3 to 312 hours to cook. Check on your turkey every 20 minutes or so and bast it with the delicious juices from the bottom of the pan to prevent it from drying out. Remove the foil after 212 hours to let the skin to get brown and crispy.
How do I cook a 6.5 kg turkey?
Roasting timings for a turkey without stuffing are as follows: 6–8 lb (2.7–3.5 kg) is a healthy weight range. about 2 1/2–2 3/4 hours 8–10 lb (3.5–4.5 kg) is a reasonable weight for a healthy adult. 2 3/4–3 hours in length. A healthy weight of 10–12 lb (4.5–5.5 kg) 3–3 and a quarter hours. 12–16 pound (5.5–7.25 kg) 3 1/4–3 1/2 hours is a good estimate.
How long do you cook a turkey chart?
Roasting Time for a Turkey Depending on its Size
|Set oven temperature to 325 °F. Minimum internal temperature = 165 °F|
|14 to 18 lbs.||3 ¾ to 4 ¼ hours||4 to 4 ¼ hours|
|18 to 20 lbs.||4 ¼ to 4 ½ hours||4 ¼ to 4 ¾ hours|
|20 to 24 lbs.||4 ½ to 5 hours||4 ¾ to 5 ¼ hours|
How long does 2kg of turkey take to cook?
1kg – 1 hour 30 minutes (depending on weight). 1,5 kg – 1 hour and 40 minutes. 2kg – 1 hour 50 minutes (approximate). 2.5kg – 2 hours of work.
How long does it take to cook a 6kg turkey?
- This will assist in keeping the steam contained within the foil while the turkey is cooking, therefore keeping the bird moist.
- Allow 20 minutes per kilogram of weight plus an additional 70 minutes for the cooking time (a 5-6kg chicken will take around 3-3 1/2 hours).
- Remove the foil for the remaining 30 minutes of cooking time and baste the turkey with the cooking juices every hour until it is done.
How do you cook a 4.5 kg turkey?
- Cooking times for a roasted turkey -Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/160 degrees Celsius fan/Gas 4.
- • For a turkey that weighs no more or less than 4.5kg/ 9lb 15oz, roast it for 45 minutes per kg (or 18 minutes per pound), plus an additional 20 minutes.
- -For a turkey that weighs between 4.5kg/9lb 15oz and 6.5kg/14lb 5oz, roast it for 40 minutes per kilogram of weight or 16 minutes per pound of weight.
How big of a turkey do I need for 8?
Estimate 1 pound per serving for birds less than 16 pounds in weight (this accounts for bone weight). Larger birds, which have a higher meat-to-bone ratio, may get away with a little less fat. However, if you want to ensure that you have enough leftovers, aim for 112 pounds per person, regardless of the size of the turkey. Purchase a 12-pound turkey to feed 8 people.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How long do you cook a 7 9 kg turkey?
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Place the turkey breast-side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan with a little water in the bottom. Roasting times for a whole turkey are as follows:
|15 – 20 lbs (7- 9 kg)||3 ½ – 4 hrs||4 – 4½ hrs|
|20-24 lbs (9-11 kg)||4-5 hrs||5-5 ½ hrs|
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
In spite of the fact that some recipes specify that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, turkey is safe to consume once it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Breasts overcooked beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit will result in dry meat, whereas dark flesh can be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
Should you cover a turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
How many does a 4.5 kg turkey feed?
A small turkey (3-4.5kg) can provide enough food for 6-8 persons. 8-10 people can be fed by a medium-sized turkey (4-5kg). A big turkey (6-6.5kg) can provide enough food for 12 to 15 persons.
How long does it take to cook a 3.4 kg turkey crown?
Instructions on how to prepare a turkey crown
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius/170 degrees Celsius fan/gas 5.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and roast for 70 minutes plus 20 minutes per kilogram of meat, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let it to rest for 20 minutes in a warm area
How long does it take to cook a 6.5 kg turkey?
Timetable for roasting a turkey at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius)*
|11 – 13 lbs (5.0 – 5.9 kg)||3 h 40 min – 4 h 20 min|
|14 – 16 lbs (6.4 – 7.3 kg)||4 h 40 min – 5 h 20 min|
|17 – 19 lbs (7.7 – 8.6 kg)||5 h 40 min – 6 h 20 min|
|20 – 22 lbs (9.1 – 10.0 kg)||6 h 40 min – 7 h 20 min|