In general, though, you should allow for around 30-40 minutes of smoking per pound of body weight. In other words, if you’re cooking a 20-pound turkey, it’ll generally take 10-12 hours to smoke it altogether.
- 1 How long does it take to smoke a 20 lb turkey at 225 degrees?
- 2 How long does it take to smoke a 20 lb turkey at 250 degrees?
- 3 Can I smoke a 20-pound turkey?
- 4 Is it better to smoke a turkey at 225 or 250?
- 5 How long does it take to smoke a 20lb turkey at 275 degrees?
- 6 How long does it take to smoke a 20-pound turkey in a Traeger?
- 7 How do you smoke a 22 pound turkey?
- 8 What is the best temperature to smoke a turkey?
- 9 How long does it take to smoke a 18 lb turkey?
- 10 How long does it take to smoke a 21 pound turkey?
- 11 How long does it take to cook a 20lb turkey at 350 degrees?
- 12 How big of a turkey can you smoke?
- 13 How do you smoke a turkey and keep it moist?
How long does it take to smoke a 20 lb turkey at 225 degrees?
A 20-pound turkey should be cooked at 225 degrees at a pace of 30 to 40 minutes per pound of weight. If you raise the temperature to 250 degrees Fahrenheit, it will take 25 to 30 minutes per pound to cook. When smoking a bird of this size, it is essential to keep the smoker temperature above 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long does it take to smoke a 20 lb turkey at 250 degrees?
How long does it take to smoke a 20lb turkey at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for the first time? When cooking at 250-260 degrees Fahrenheit, a 20-pound chicken will take around 6 hours to reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can I smoke a 20-pound turkey?
- You may smoke at temperatures as high as 250 or even 275 degrees for a speedier cooking time, but for a regular-sized turkey, we recommend 225 degrees for around 30 minutes per pound of meat.
- In fact, it may be better to avoid smoking large birds (say, those weighing more than 20 pounds) because the longer time necessary may raise your chances of contracting the bacteria concerns we discussed above.
Is it better to smoke a turkey at 225 or 250?
What exactly is it? Turkey may be smoked at temperatures as low as 225 degrees in a smoker, but it cooks considerably more quickly at temperatures between 275 and 300 degrees, or even higher. When smoking at a lower temperature, you’ll have to spend longer time in the smoker, but the turkey will likely have a more intense smoke taste as a result.
How long does it take to smoke a 20lb turkey at 275 degrees?
- Continue to smoke at 275-300 degrees Fahrenheit for 3.5 to 4 hours, or until the internal temperature of the breast measures 165 degrees Fahrenheit when measured in the thickest section of the breast, periodically replacing the water pan.
- The chicken should be basted every hour with the juices from the drip pan.
- To ensure that fluids are evenly distributed throughout the chicken, let it rest for about 15 minutes before carving.
How long does it take to smoke a 20-pound turkey in a Traeger?
Continue to smoke the turkey until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees at 225 degrees. This will take around 30 minutes per pound of body weight to complete.
How do you smoke a 22 pound turkey?
225 degrees F for 6-8 hours for a 22 pound turkey is a good temperature to smoke a turkey at. Remove the turkey from the brine and wipe it dry with paper towels (this is a critical step that should not be skipped).
What is the best temperature to smoke a turkey?
- Preheat the smoker to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the turkey on a roasting rack and roast for 8 to 12 hours, or until the internal thigh temperature reaches 180° F.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and set aside.
After 31 and a half hours, take the temperature of your turkey.Your turkey must transit through the crucial temperature range of 40° F to 140° F in no more than 4 hours or it will be ruined.
How long does it take to smoke a 18 lb turkey?
The cooking time for a small bird (8 to 12 pounds) is 2-1/2 to 3 hours at 325 degrees F; for a medium (12 – 18 pounds), the cooking time is 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours; and for a large bird (over 18 pounds), the cooking time can be as long as 6 hours.
How long does it take to smoke a 21 pound turkey?
Prepare your smoker by placing the turkey in the smoker and smoking it for 30 to 40 minutes per pound of weight, or until an instant read temperature gauge (or stay-in-the-bird probe thermometer) registers 160°F in the thickest portion of breast flesh.
How long does it take to cook a 20lb turkey at 350 degrees?
The easiest method of determining turkey roasting durations is to multiply the weight of the bird by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals around 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey). If your turkey weights 18 to 20 pounds, roast it at the following temperatures:
- 312 to 334 hours at 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 334 to 4 hours
- 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 to 414 hours
- 325°F for 414 to 412 hours at 325°F
How big of a turkey can you smoke?
Whole turkeys weighing 12 POUNDS OR LESS are the ideal size for smoking in a safe environment. A bigger turkey spends an excessive amount of time in the ‘Danger Zone,’ which is between 40°F and 140°F. It doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do things; just remember to keep food safety in mind while you do.
How do you smoke a turkey and keep it moist?
As a result, the chicken will be sopping wet. A roasting pan filled with 1 inch water beneath the grill grates, approximately 3-4 inches from the meat, is my technique for smoking the turkey directly on the grill grates. This will help to maintain the cooking environment wet while also allowing the turkey to roast evenly on the outside. 2.