If your turkey weights 18 to 20 pounds, roast it at the following temperatures:
- 312 to 334 hours at 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 334 to 4 hours
- 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 to 414 hours
- 325°F for 414 to 412 hours at 325°F
- 1 How long to cook a stuffed turkey in the oven?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a 7 pound turkey?
- 3 What is the best temperature to cook a 10 pound turkey?
- 4 How long do you cook a fully defrosted Turkey?
- 5 How long does it take to cook a stuffed 19 lb turkey?
- 6 How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound at 325 degrees?
- 7 Do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a 19 lb turkey?
- 9 How long do you cook a 20 lb turkey stuffed?
- 10 How long do you cook a 18 pound stuffed turkey?
- 11 How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
- 12 How long do you cook an 18 pound unstuffed turkey?
- 13 What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
- 14 Should I cover my turkey with foil while cooking?
- 15 Should you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
- 16 How long does it take to cook a 19 lb Butterball turkey?
- 17 How do I keep my turkey from drying out?
How long to cook a stuffed turkey in the oven?
Using a 325°F oven, here’s an approximate time guidance from the experts at foodsafety.gov on how long to cook a stuffed turkey: Our Test Kitchen team has tried and evaluated the following stuffed turkey cooking times and found them to be effective: Roast a 10- to 12-pound turkey for 314 to 312 hours for a 10- to 12-pound bird.
How long does it take to cook a 7 pound turkey?
Using the following cooking times for a standard oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit, Butterball recommends the following cooking times for a stuffed turkey: 21.44 – 23.44 hours for 6-7 pounds. 234 to 312 hours for 7-10 pounds.
What is the best temperature to cook a 10 pound turkey?
Roasting a turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound of weight for an unstuffed bird is our recommendation. Should I cook my turkey at a higher temperature from the beginning? Start the turkey at a moderately high temperature (400°F), roast it for approximately twenty minutes, and then reduce the heat to 350°F for the remaining time of the cooking period, according to my experience.
How long do you cook a fully defrosted Turkey?
Based on a 325°F oven and a completely defrosted or fresh chicken, this USDA table provides an estimate of cooking time. (For an unstuffed chicken, the time required is around 15 minutes per pound.) In order to cook a frozen turkey, you will need to provide at least 50% more time than the required duration.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed 19 lb turkey?
How Long Should a Stuffed Turkey Be Cooked?
- Roast a 10- to 12-pound turkey for 314 to 312 hours for a 10- to 12-pound bird.
- Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey for 3 12 to 4 hours, depending on its size.
- Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey for 4 to 414 hours, depending on its size.
- Roast an 18- to 20-pound turkey for 414 to 434 hours if it weighs 18 to 20 pounds.
- Roast a 20- to 24-pound turkey for 43- to 51-hours, depending on its size.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound at 325 degrees?
It takes longer to cook a filled turkey than it does an unstuffed bird. Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight.
Do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
Cook the turkey for 3-3 3/4 hours at 325°F (with giblets) in a preheated oven. A 28-30 pound turkey (with giblets) should be baked for 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours at 325 degrees. Unstuffed birds are in style these days. A filled bird may cook at the same rate as an unstuffed chicken; however, plan on cooking it for 30 to 50 minutes longer than you would for an unstuffed bird.
How long does it take to cook a 19 lb turkey?
According to the USDA, cooking an 18- to 20-pound unstuffed frozen or fresh turkey in an oven preheated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit would take between 4 1/4 and 4 1/2 hours in a preheated oven. This equates to around 14 minutes of cooking time per pound of meat. For a 19-pound turkey, this equates to around four hours and 26 minutes of cooking time.
How long do you cook a 20 lb turkey stuffed?
4. Make a tent out of heavy-duty aluminum foil and drape it gently over the bird. It takes longer to cook a stuffed turkey than a regular turkey. For example, it will take 4 1/4 to 5 1/4 hours to cook a 20-pound stuffed turkey with stuffing.
How long do you cook a 18 pound stuffed turkey?
It takes longer to cook a filled turkey than it does an unstuffed bird. Roast a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes each pound of weight. Important: Check the internal temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when the thermometer is placed in the center of the stuffing, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
Are you unsure about how long you should cook the bird in the oven? A 20-pound turkey will take 4 to 5 hours to roast in the oven at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA advises), and 4 14 to 5 14 hours to bake in the oven stuffed.
How long do you cook an 18 pound unstuffed turkey?
Traditionally prepared roast turkey (unstuffed)
|8 to 12 pounds||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|12 to 14 pounds||3 1/2 to 4 hours|
|14 to 18 pounds||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|18 to 20 pounds||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
Place the turkey in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, uncovered. Start the cooking at 400°F for the first 20 minutes of the 15-pound turkey to allow it to brown properly. Continue cooking at 325°F for the next 1 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches around 140°F to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the breast is cooked through.
Should I cover my turkey with foil while cooking?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
Should you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
A: The Butterball company recommends roasting the turkey in a roasting pan without covering it. Butterball recommends placing aluminum foil over the breast region halfway through the cooking process to prevent it from being overly dried out.
How long does it take to cook a 19 lb Butterball turkey?
Butterball’s recommendations for an unstuffed turkey were as follows:
- 6-10 pounds: 112 to 2 hours
- 112 to 2 hours
- 10-18 pounds: 2-212 hours
- The time required for 18-22 pounds is 212-3 hours.
- 3312 hours for 22-24 pounds
How do I keep my turkey from drying out?
″When roasting a complete turkey, the secret is to cook the legs for a longer period of time than the breast,″ adds Tommy. The chicken should be taken out of the oven after its breast has been cooked; the legs should be removed before the bird is returned. ‘This prevents the breasts from drying out. ‘