Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 3 to 334 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird. Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey at 325°F for 334- to 414.4 hours for a 14- to 18-pound bird. Roast one 18- to 20-pound turkey at 325°F for 414 to 412 hours for a total of 414 to 412 hours.
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 20-pound Turkey?
- 2 How long to cook a Turkey in an electric roaster?
- 3 What is the best way to cook a Turkey in the oven?
- 4 How much Turkey do I need to cook per person?
- 5 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 6 How long do you cook turkeys per pound?
- 7 How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 325?
- 8 How many hours should I cook a 17 lb turkey?
- 9 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 10 Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
- 11 How long do you cook a turkey at 325 degrees?
- 12 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 13 Do you cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 or 350?
- 14 Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350 per pound?
- 15 How long does it take to cook a 10 lb turkey at what temperature?
- 16 How long does it take to cook a 18 lb Butterball turkey?
- 17 How long does it take to cook a 16 pound turkey in the oven?
- 18 How long do you cook a 17 lb turkey stuffed?
How long does it take to cook a 20-pound Turkey?
According to the USDA, cooking an 18- to 20-pound unstuffed frozen or fresh turkey in an oven preheated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit would take between 4 1/4 and 4 1/2 hours in a preheated oven. This equates to around 14 minutes of cooking time per pound of meat.
How long to cook a Turkey in an electric roaster?
How to cook a turkey in an electric roaster: Preheat the roaster to 450 degrees Fahrenheit before beginning. Roast the turkey for 30 minutes once it has been prepped. DON’T OPEN THE LID! After that, simply reduce the temperature of the oven to 325 degrees. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and roast for an additional 15 minutes each pound.
What is the best way to cook a Turkey in the oven?
Instructions. In the case of a turkey, fill it lightly before placing it in the oven. Roast at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for the first hour. Every 30 minutes, baste with drippings from the bottom of the pan. Approximately 60 minutes into the cooking time, reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F. If the skin of the turkey is golden brown, cover it with a foil tent.
How much Turkey do I need to cook per person?
Unless otherwise specified, all cooking times are for a whole unstuffed turkey placed on a rack in a roasting pan and baked in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven. Turkey should be served at a rate of one to one and a half pounds per person, depending on how much you enjoy leftovers!
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How long do you cook turkeys per pound?
The simplest method of calculating turkey roasting times is to multiply the weight of the turkey by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey), or multiply the weight of the turkey by 15 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 4 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey).
How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 325?
When to cook the turkey: temperature and time recommendations
- For a 10–13-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hours.
- For a 14–23-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 2–3 hours.
- For a 24-27-pound person
- For a 28–30-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours.
How many hours should I cook a 17 lb turkey?
What is the approximate cooking time for a turkey?
|Turkey Weight||Cooking Time||Doneness Temperature|
|12-14 lbs.||3 hrs–3 hrs 45 mins||170-175°F|
|14-18 lbs.||3 hrs 45 mins–4 hrs 15 mins||170-175°F|
|18-20 lbs.||4 hrs 15 mins–4 hrs 30 mins||170-175°F|
|20-24 lbs.||4 hrs 30 mins–5 hrs||170-175°F|
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
Cover your roasting pan with a lid or aluminum foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on the size of your bird) before removing the lid or foil and continuing to cook uncovered for the remaining time. Every half hour or so, baste your turkey with a little olive oil. Basting, on the other hand, will not make your turkey moister; instead, it will encourage even browning of the skin.
How long do you cook a turkey at 325 degrees?
Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight. 8 to 12 lb.
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
Do you cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 or 350?
A 10-13 pound turkey (with giblets) should be baked for 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 hours at 350 degrees. Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 2-3 hours for a 14-23 pound turkey (weighted with giblets).
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350 per pound?
If you’re determined to stuff the turkey, you’ll want to bake it at 325°F for 20-25 minutes per pound of bird weight, and you’ll want to cover the turkey (particularly the wings and drumsticks) with a loose tent of aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out or burning throughout the baking.
How long does it take to cook a 10 lb turkey at what temperature?
Roast for 2-1/4 hours at 325°F in a preheated oven.Remove the aluminum foil and cut a strip of skin or string between the drumsticks to ensure that the thighs cook evenly.Continue roasting for another 30 to 45 minutes (1 to 1-1/4 hours if stuffing is used), or until the thermometer registers 180°F and the center of the stuffing (if using) reaches 165°F, depending on how much filling you used.
How long does it take to cook a 18 lb Butterball turkey?
Butterball’s recommendations for an unstuffed turkey were as follows: 12 to 2 hours for 6-10 pounds. 10 to 18 pounds: 2 to 2 and a half hours. The time it takes to lift 18-22 pounds is 212-3 hours.
How long does it take to cook a 16 pound turkey in the oven?
When it comes to cooking a turkey, the rule of thumb is 13 minutes per pound of meat. As a result, our 16-pound turkey was expected to cook in around 3 1/2 hours. But some techniques and techniques (brine, cooking with an empty (un-stuffed) cavity, and leaving the legs un-trusted) will result in a substantially faster cooking time.
How long do you cook a 17 lb turkey stuffed?
How Long Should a Stuffed Turkey Be Cooked?
- Roast a 10- to 12-pound turkey for 314 to 312 hours for a 10- to 12-pound bird.
- Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey for 3 12 to 4 hours, depending on its size.
- Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey for 4 to 414 hours, depending on its size.
- Roast an 18- to 20-pound turkey for 414 to 434 hours if it weighs 18 to 20 pounds.
- Roast a 20- to 24-pound turkey for 43- to 51-hours, depending on its size.