What is the approximate cooking time for a turkey?
|Turkey Weight||Cooking Time||Doneness Temperature|
|4-6 lb. breast||1 hr 30 mins–2 hrs 15 mins||165°F|
|6-8 lb. breast||2 hrs 15 mins–3 hrs 15 mins||165°F|
|8-12 lbs.||2 hrs 45 mins–3 hrs||170-175°F|
|12-14 lbs.||3 hrs–3 hrs 45 mins||170-175°F|
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 10 pound turkey?
- 2 What is the best temperature to cook a 15 pound turkey?
- 3 What is the best way to cook a fully cooked turkey?
- 4 Can you cook a turkey at 170 degrees?
- 5 Can you cook a turkey at 180 degrees?
- 6 How long does it take to cook a turkey at 180 degrees?
- 7 How long do you cook a 12lb turkey and at what temperature?
- 8 Is it better to cook turkey at high or low temp?
- 9 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 10 Can you eat turkey at 160 degrees?
- 11 Can you cook a turkey overnight at 200 degrees?
- 12 How long does it take to smoke a 12 pound turkey at 225?
- 13 How many hours do you cook a 10lb turkey?
- 14 How long does it take to cook a 7lb turkey Crown?
- 15 How long should an 11 lb turkey cook?
- 16 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 17 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound turkey?
- It’s time to cook the turkey.
- To determine the weight of your turkey, simply input the weight in pounds of your turkey and click calculate.
- Unstuffed turkeys require 12-15 minutes per pound of weight, but stuffed turkeys require around 15 minutes per pound of weight.
These cooking durations are based on a 325 degree Fahrenheit cooking temperature and should only be used as a general guideline for cooking.
What is the best temperature to cook a 15 pound turkey?
Internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit should be reached in the innermost portion of the thigh, the innermost part of the wing, and the thickest section of the breast while cooking a turkey, according to the USDA. Once you reach that temperature, your chicken will be perfectly roasted. In a 325-degree oven, how long should a 15-pound turkey be cooked?
What is the best way to cook a fully cooked turkey?
See how to truss a turkey in this video. Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan and into a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven. Cook the turkey according to the instructions above, adjusting the cooking times as necessary. Roast until the skin is a light golden color, then loosely tent the breast with aluminum foil to prevent it from browning any more.
Can you cook a turkey at 170 degrees?
Reduce the temperature of the oven to 170°F and roast the turkey for at least 1 hour per pound of weight. Because the oven temperature is no higher than the temperature at which you want the chicken to be cooked to perfection, it cannot overcook.
Can you cook a turkey at 180 degrees?
When a turkey achieves an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, it is safe to consume; but, slow-roasted birds may reach internal temperatures as high as 180 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s important to remember that when you roast turkey past the official safe-to-eat temperature of 165 F, the flesh may seize and then become soft.
How long does it take to cook a turkey at 180 degrees?
In an oven preheated to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4, you should allow 20 minutes per pound of meat plus another 20 minutes for baking.
How long do you cook a 12lb turkey and at what temperature?
The easiest method of determining turkey roasting durations is to multiply the weight of the bird by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals around 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey). If your turkey weights 12 to 14 pounds, roast it at the following temperatures:
- 425°F for 14 to 212 hours at 425°F
- 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 212 to 234 hours
- 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 24 to 3 hours
- 325°F for 3 to 3 and a half to 3 and a quarter hours
Is it better to cook turkey at high or low temp?
In most turkey studies, including the Georgia study, the birds are roasted at a low temperature, such as 325 or 350 degrees, which is the temperature that most turkey experts recommend. Many chefs and home cooks, on the other hand, like to cook at a high temperature (say, 425 to 500 degrees).
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
In spite of the fact that some recipes specify that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, turkey is safe to consume once it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Breasts overcooked beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit will result in dry meat, whereas dark flesh can be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can you eat turkey at 160 degrees?
A safe temperature for a turkey is 165 degrees Fahrenheit, but you can remove it from the oven at as low as 160 degrees Fahrenheit because the temperature will raise while it is resting. This is according to the United States Department of Agriculture.
Can you cook a turkey overnight at 200 degrees?
Temperatures around 325 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 8 hours, depending on the size of the turkey, are common roasting temperatures. Slow roasting at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for around 10 hours at a low temperature of 50 degrees Fahrenheit allows the low temperature and moisture to bast your turkey while you sleep. It is not necessary to baste your turkey.
How long does it take to smoke a 12 pound turkey at 225?
225 degrees F means it will take roughly 30 minutes per pound of turkey to smoke your turkey at this temperature. Alternatively, if you are using a smoker set to 250 degrees F, it will normally take 25 minutes per pound to finish cooking it.
How many hours do you cook a 10lb turkey?
How Long Should a Turkey Be Cooked?
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|10 to 12 lb||6 to 8||2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
How long does it take to cook a 7lb turkey Crown?
Cooking Times for a Roasted Turkey Crown
|Turkey Crown Weight||Cooking time|
|2.5kg / 5.5lb||2 hours 00 minutes|
|3kg / 7lb||2 hours 10 minutes|
|3.5kg / 8lb||2 hours 20 minutes|
|4kg / 9lb||2 hours 50 minutes|
How long should an 11 lb turkey cook?
- Weights ranging from 4 to 8 pounds (breast alone) take 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours.
- 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 13 to 18 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 18 to 20 pounds
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 22 to 24 pounds
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 25 to 30 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.