Timetable for roasting a turkey at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius)*
|8 – 10 lbs (3.6 – 4.5 kg)||2 h 40 min – 3 h 30 min|
|11 – 13 lbs (5.0 – 5.9 kg)||3 h 40 min – 4 h 20 min|
|14 – 16 lbs (6.4 – 7.3 kg)||4 h 40 min – 5 h 20 min|
|17 – 19 lbs (7.7 – 8.6 kg)||5 h 40 min – 6 h 20 min|
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 24 pound turkey?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
- 3 How long does it take to cook a fully thawed Turkey?
- 4 How do you take the temperature of a fully cooked turkey?
- 5 How long does it take to cook an 8 pound turkey?
- 6 How long should a 10 lbs turkey cook for?
- 7 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 8 Do you cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 or 350?
- 9 How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 350?
- 10 How long does it take to cook a 11 lb turkey at 325?
- 11 How long do you cook a 10 lb Butterball turkey?
- 12 How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 325?
- 13 What temperature do I cook a 10 pound turkey at?
- 14 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 15 Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
- 16 Do you put butter on turkey before cooking?
- 17 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 18 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 19 How do I keep my turkey moist?
How long does it take to cook a 24 pound turkey?
While 325 degrees Fahrenheit is usually the ideal temperature for cooking a turkey, the amount of time your bird will require in the oven may vary depending on its weight. It takes less than 3 hours to cook an 8-pound turkey without stuffing, but it might take more than 5 hours to cook a 24-pound turkey with stuffing.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
It takes longer to cook a filled turkey than it does an unstuffed bird. Roast a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes each pound of weight. Important: Check the internal temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when the thermometer is placed in the center of the stuffing, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
How long does it take to cook a fully thawed Turkey?
It takes less than 3 hours to cook an 8-pound turkey without stuffing, but it might take more than 5 hours to cook a 24-pound turkey with stuffing. Here’s how long it takes to cook a completely thawed turkey according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
How do you take the temperature of a fully cooked turkey?
To check the internal temperature of the thigh muscle, put a meat thermometer into the middle of one of the inner muscles. The thermometer should not come into contact with bone. Wrap the turkey loosely in aluminum foil. Roast for 2-1/4 hours at 325°F in a preheated oven. Remove the aluminum foil and cut a strip of skin or string between the drumsticks to ensure that the thighs cook evenly.
How long does it take to cook an 8 pound turkey?
Typical Roasting Times for a Whole Turkey Without Stuffing
|6-8 lbs.||2 1/2 to 3 hours|
|8-12 lbs.||3 to 4 hours|
|12-16 lbs.||4 to 5 hours|
|16-20 lbs.||5 to 5 1/2 hours|
How long should a 10 lbs turkey cook for?
How Long Should a Turkey Be Cooked?
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|10 to 12 lb||6 to 8||2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
Do you cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 or 350?
A 10-13 pound turkey (with giblets) should be baked for 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 hours at 350 degrees. Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 2-3 hours for a 14-23 pound turkey (weighted with giblets).
How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 350?
- Calculate the cooking time and temperature for the turkey.
- The simplest method of calculating turkey roasting times is to multiply the weight of the turkey by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey), or multiply the weight of the turkey by 15 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 4 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey).
How long does it take to cook a 11 lb turkey at 325?
Always use a thermometer to assess when something is done. The temperature of the thigh muscle should read 175°F on your meat thermometer ($15, Target). Roast a turkey (8 to 12 pounds) at 325°F for 234 to 3 hours, depending on its size. Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 3 to 334 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird.
How long do you cook a 10 lb Butterball turkey?
According to Butterball, the oven temperature should still be set at 325 degrees Fahrenheit, but the cooking time will be reduced by one hour. Butterball’s recommendations for an unstuffed turkey were as follows: 12 to 2 hours for 6-10 pounds. 10 to 18 pounds: 2 to 2 and a half hours.
How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 325?
When to cook the turkey: temperature and time recommendations
- For a 10–13-lb. turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 350° oven for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hr
- For a 14–23-lb. turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 2–3 hours
- For a 24–27-lb.
- For a 28–30-lb turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hour
What temperature do I cook a 10 pound turkey at?
- Roast for 2-1/4 hours at 325°F in a preheated oven.
- Remove the aluminum foil and cut a strip of skin or string between the drumsticks to ensure that the thighs cook evenly.
- Continue roasting for another 30 to 45 minutes (1 to 1-1/4 hours if stuffing is used), or until the thermometer registers 180°F and the center of the stuffing (if using) reaches 165°F, depending on how much filling you used.
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
Cover your roasting pan with a lid or aluminum foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on the size of your bird) before removing the lid or foil and continuing to cook uncovered for the remaining time. Every half hour or so, baste your turkey with a little olive oil. Basting, on the other hand, will not make your turkey moister; instead, it will encourage even browning of the skin.
Do you put butter on turkey before cooking?
Don’t smear butter on your fowl. It is not possible to make the flesh more juicy by putting butter under the skin, while it may aid in the browning of the skin. López-Alt, on the other hand, argues that butter contains around 17 percent water and will leave splotches on your bird’s skin. As an alternative, coat the skin with vegetable oil before roasting.
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
In spite of the fact that some recipes specify that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, turkey is safe to consume once it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Breasts overcooked beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit will result in dry meat, whereas dark flesh can be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Recipe for Traditional Bread Stuffing
- Make the switch to a fresh turkey rather than a frozen one.
- It is preferable to roast two little turkeys rather than one giant bird.
- Make a brine for the turkey.
- Soft butter should be massaged into the skin.
- Loosely or not at all in the truss.
- Initially, roast the turkey upside down on a baking sheet.
- Make sure not to overcook it.
- Allow time for the turkey to rest before cutting it.