The easiest method of determining turkey roasting durations is to multiply the weight of the bird by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals around 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey). If your turkey weighs between 21 and 22 pounds, roast it at the following temperatures:
- 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 to 414 hours
- 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 414 to 412 hours
- 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 412 to 434 hours
- 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 434 to 5 hours
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 21 lb Turkey?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a frozen turkey?
- 3 How long does it take to defrost a 20 pound turkey?
- 4 How much Turkey do you need to roast a Turkey?
- 5 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 6 How long should you cook a 21 pound turkey?
- 7 Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350 per pound?
- 8 How long do you cook a 21 lb turkey at 375?
- 9 How long do you cook a 22 lb Butterball turkey?
- 10 How long does it take to cook a 21 pound turkey in a bag?
- 11 How often should you baste turkey?
- 12 Do you cover a turkey when cooking?
- 13 How long do you cook a 20 pound turkey?
- 14 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 15 How long does it take to cook a 22 lb turkey in a bag?
- 16 How long does it take to cook an unstuffed 20 pound turkey?
- 17 How long does it take to cook a 21 pound turkey at 350 degrees?
- 18 What temp do I cook a turkey?
How long does it take to cook a 21 lb Turkey?
A 21.5-pound turkey cooked at 325 degrees Fahrenheit will take 4.5 to 5 hours to cook – assuming the turkey is unstuffed. Make sure to add at least 15 minutes to the entire cooking time if it’s stuffed with your favorite stuffing.
How long does it take to cook a frozen turkey?
- All of these timeframes are based on roasting a turkey at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Even while it is safe to cook a totally frozen turkey, it will take at least 50 percent longer than cooking a thoroughly thawed turkey.
- If you are cooking from frozen, remove the giblet packet with tongs halfway through the cooking process.
- Cook until an instant read thermometer inserted into the deepest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long does it take to defrost a 20 pound turkey?
The defrosting process will take several hours, so allow at least 24 hours for every 4 to 5 pounds of chicken you plan on defrosting. A large turkey, say 15 to 20 pounds, will need to be refrigerated for 4 to 5 days before it can be served. Reasons Why You Should Never Baste Your Thanksgiving Turkey
How much Turkey do you need to roast a Turkey?
Roasting a turkey does not have to be a daunting chore if you have a solid game plan in place before you begin. We talked with the USDA, which is the world’s foremost authority on all things turkey, and came up with this simple advice for cooking success. 1 1/2 pounds (uncooked) turkey per person is a good estimate.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How long should you cook a 21 pound turkey?
Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey for 3 12 to 4 hours, depending on its size. Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey for 4 to 414 hours, depending on its size. Roast a turkey for 18 to 20 pounds for 414 to 434 hours, depending on its size. Roast a 20- to 24-pound turkey for 434 to 514 minutes per pound.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350 per pound?
If you’re determined to stuff the turkey, you’ll want to bake it at 325°F for 20-25 minutes per pound of bird weight, and you’ll want to cover the turkey (particularly the wings and drumsticks) with a loose tent of aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out or burning throughout the baking.
How long do you cook a 21 lb turkey at 375?
- The turkey should be prepared as follows: Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- The turkey should be cooked for 12-15 minutes per pound of weight for stuffed turkeys.
- The temperature of the juices can be used to determine whether or not the juices are fully cooked.
- Finishing touches – Take the chicken out of the oven
How long do you cook a 22 lb Butterball turkey?
Butterball advised the following cooking times for a chicken that was not stuffed: 1.
- 6-7 pounds: 2-212 hours
- 7-8 pounds: 2-212 hours
- 7-10 pounds: 212-3 hours
- 11-20 pounds: 212-3 hours
- 3312 hours for 10-18 pounds
- 3312 hours for 20-30 pounds
- 3312 hours for 30 pounds
- 3 to 4 hours for 18-22 pounds
- 3 to 4 hours for 22 pounds.
- 22-24 pounds: 4-412 hours
- 4 12 to 5 hours for 24-30 pounds
How long does it take to cook a 21 pound turkey in a bag?
An 8-12 pound turkey will take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to cook; a 12-16 lb turkey will take 2 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours; a 16-20 lb turkey will take 2 1/2-3 hours; a 20-24 lb turkey will take 3-3.5 hours.
How often should you baste turkey?
How often should you bast a turkey? The majority of turkey recipes will instruct you to baste your bird every 30 minutes. Nevertheless, our rule of thumb is really every forty minutes, and the following is why. There is no use in opening the oven too many times because the entire chicken will take considerably longer to cook, which is a major nuisance.
Do you cover a turkey when cooking?
To achieve this equilibrium, it is best to allow the bird to spend equal amounts of time covered and uncovered: For the most of the cooking time, we recommend covering the bird to keep it from drying out. Then, we recommend removing the cover for the last 30 minutes or so of cooking time to enable the skin to crisp.
How long do you cook a 20 pound turkey?
Are you unsure about how long you should cook the bird in the oven? A 20-pound turkey will take 4 to 5 hours to roast in the oven at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA advises), and 4 14 to 5 14 hours to bake in the oven stuffed.
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
How long does it take to cook a 22 lb turkey in a bag?
Place the turkey, celery, and onions in a large zip-top bag. Using a fork, poke many holes in the bag after it has been sealed. Bake for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until the internal temperature of the thigh flesh reaches 180 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) (85 degrees C).
How long does it take to cook an unstuffed 20 pound turkey?
For example, a 20-pound turkey will take 4 1/4 to 5 hours to cook; after 4 1/4 hours, check the temperature with a thermometer to ensure it is properly cooked. 4. In the meantime, prepare the filling or dressing. Place everything in a casserole dish and roast it for about an hour and a half at the end of the cooking time.
How long does it take to cook a 21 pound turkey at 350 degrees?
Depending on the temperature of the oven and whether or not your turkey recipe asks for a filled or an unstuffed bird, the amount of time it takes to cook a turkey might vary. Roasting a turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound of weight for an unstuffed bird is our recommendation.
What temp do I cook a turkey?
Place the turkey in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, uncovered. Start the cooking at 400°F for the first 20 minutes of the 15-pound turkey to allow it to brown properly. Continue cooking at 325°F for the next 1 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches around 140°F to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the breast is cooked through.