What is the approximate cooking time for a turkey?
|Turkey Weight||Cooking Time||Doneness Temperature|
|4-6 lb. breast||1 hr 30 mins–2 hrs 15 mins||165°F|
|6-8 lb. breast||2 hrs 15 mins–3 hrs 15 mins||165°F|
|8-12 lbs.||2 hrs 45 mins–3 hrs||170-175°F|
|12-14 lbs.||3 hrs–3 hrs 45 mins||170-175°F|
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 24 pound turkey?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
- 3 What is the best temperature to cook a 15 pound turkey?
- 4 How long does it take to cook a fully thawed Turkey?
- 5 How long do you cook turkeys per pound?
- 6 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 7 Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350 per pound?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a turkey breast per pound?
- 9 How long does a 10 lbs turkey take to cook?
- 10 How long should a turkey cook?
- 11 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 12 Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
- 13 How long do you cook a turkey at 325?
- 14 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 15 How long do you cook a stuffed 24 pound turkey?
- 16 How long do I cook a 22 pound Butterball turkey?
- 17 How long do you cook a 3 lb Butterball turkey breast?
- 18 How long does it take to cook 7 pound turkey breast?
- 19 How long does it take to cook a 12 pound turkey breast?
How long does it take to cook a 24 pound turkey?
While 325 degrees Fahrenheit is usually the ideal temperature for cooking a turkey, the amount of time your bird will require in the oven may vary depending on its weight. It takes less than 3 hours to cook an 8-pound turkey without stuffing, but it might take more than 5 hours to cook a 24-pound turkey with stuffing.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
It takes longer to cook a filled turkey than it does an unstuffed bird. Roast a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes each pound of weight. Important: Check the internal temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when the thermometer is placed in the center of the stuffing, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
What is the best temperature to cook a 15 pound turkey?
- However, for a 15-pound roast, you can follow these oven temperature parameters; however, keep in mind that waiting until the internal temperature reaches 165F before removing the meat from the oven may allow the meat to cook even more.
- So, try roasting the turkey at 150 degrees for 20 minutes then tenting it for another 20 minutes.
- The meat will then be heated to the right doneness as a result of the carryover cooking.
How long does it take to cook a fully thawed Turkey?
It takes less than 3 hours to cook an 8-pound turkey without stuffing, but it might take more than 5 hours to cook a 24-pound turkey with stuffing. Here’s how long it takes to cook a completely thawed turkey according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
How long do you cook turkeys per pound?
The simplest method of calculating turkey roasting times is to multiply the weight of the turkey by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey), or multiply the weight of the turkey by 15 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 4 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey).
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350 per pound?
If you’re determined to stuff the turkey, you’ll want to bake it at 325°F for 20-25 minutes per pound of bird weight, and you’ll want to cover the turkey (particularly the wings and drumsticks) with a loose tent of aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out or burning throughout the baking.
How long does it take to cook a turkey breast per pound?
When it comes to turkey, one of the most commonly asked questions is: how long should a turkey breast per pound be cooked? The solution is straightforward! At 350 degrees Fahrenheit, cook for 20 minutes per pound. For example, my turkey breast weighed 3 pounds, so I roasted it at 350 degrees for a total of 60 minutes.
How long does a 10 lbs turkey take to cook?
How Long Should a Turkey Be Cooked?
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|10 to 12 lb||6 to 8||2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
How long should a turkey cook?
How long should a turkey be roasted?
- Weights ranging from 4 to 8 pounds (breast alone) take 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours.
- 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 13 to 18 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 18 to 20 pounds
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 22 to 24 pounds
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 25 to 30 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
Cover your roasting pan with a lid or aluminum foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on the size of your bird) before removing the lid or foil and continuing to cook uncovered for the remaining time. Every half hour or so, baste your turkey with a little olive oil. Basting, on the other hand, will not make your turkey moister; instead, it will encourage even browning of the skin.
How long do you cook a turkey at 325?
Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight. 8 to 12 lb.
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
How long do you cook a stuffed 24 pound turkey?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
|8 to 12 pounds||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|20 to 24 pounds||4 1/2 to 5 hours|
|8 to 12 pounds||3 to 3 1/2 hours|
How long do I cook a 22 pound Butterball turkey?
Butterball’s recommendations for an unstuffed turkey were as follows:
- 6-10 pounds: 112 to 2 hours
- 112 to 2 hours
- 10-18 pounds: 2-212 hours
- The time required for 18-22 pounds is 212-3 hours.
- 3312 hours for 22-24 pounds
How long do you cook a 3 lb Butterball turkey breast?
Roasting Time Estimated Using an Open Pan in a 325 degree Fahrenheit Oven: 1-1/2 to 2 hours to defrost. When frozen, it takes 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Handling in a Safe Environment Instructions: This product was made using meat and/or poultry that has been thoroughly examined and passed.
How long does it take to cook 7 pound turkey breast?
The usual rule of thumb is to roast the turkey breast for 20 minutes per pound of turkey breast weight. So, for example, if my turkey breast weights 7 pounds, I will cook it for 140 minutes (2 hours and 20 minutes). When the timer goes off, check the temperature of the breast in the meatiest part to ensure it reaches 165 degrees F.
How long does it take to cook a 12 pound turkey breast?
If there are any pan juices left, baste the bird with them. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Ensure that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160oF to 165oF in the center of the oven. According on the size of the roast and whether it is boneless or bone-in, total roasting time will be 20 to 25 minutes per pound of meat.