190C/170C fan/gas 5 is the recommended oven temperature, and the cooking time should be determined as follows, according to British Turkey:
- If you weigh less than 4kg, the time required is 20 minutes per kg plus an additional 70 minutes.
- Over 4kg: 20 minutes per kg plus a total of 90 minutes.
- Cooking time for 1.5kg is 1 hour 40 minutes + resting time at 190C/170C fan/gas. 5
- At 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for 2kg, it takes 1 hour 50 minutes + resting time.
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 1 kg Turkey?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a 1 kg crown?
- 3 How long does a Kelly Bronze Turkey take to cook?
- 4 How long does a 2.5 kg turkey crown take to cook?
- 5 How long does a 3kg turkey crown take to cook?
- 6 How long does a turkey crown take?
- 7 How long does a 4kg turkey crown take to cook?
- 8 How many will a 3kg turkey crown feed?
- 9 How long does it take to cook a 3.5 kg turkey?
- 10 How do you keep a turkey crown from drying out?
- 11 How long does a 5 kilo turkey take to cook?
- 12 How long does it take to cook a 6kg turkey?
- 13 What temperature should turkey crown be when cooked?
How long does it take to cook a 1 kg Turkey?
Because it has no bones, I’m not sure if the same times apply. As a general rule, boneless crowns require 25 minutes per kilogram of body weight plus an additional 20 minutes. Cook your turkey with foil for the first 30 minutes of cooking and then remove the foil for the last 30 minutes to brown the skin. During the cooking process, baste the meat every hour to prevent it from drying out.
How long does it take to cook a 1 kg crown?
For a crown weighing less than 4.5 kg, it will take 20 minutes each kg plus an additional 70 minutes. If you weigh more than 4.5 kg, it takes 20 minutes each kg + 90 minutes. Once the meat has been roasted, cover it with aluminum foil and a cloth, and let it aside for 20–30 minutes before cutting.
How long does a Kelly Bronze Turkey take to cook?
As an example, a 3kg Kelly Bronze turkey crown is cooked for 1 hour and 30 minutes at 180°C / 160°C fan /gas 4 and then rested for 15 minutes before carving. In other words, by the time the turkey is finished cooking, the interior temperature should be 60 degrees Celsius (five degrees lower than the required temperature, but entirely safe with a Kelly Bronze bird).
How long does a 2.5 kg turkey crown take to cook?
1kg – 1 hour 30 minutes (depending on weight). 1,5 kg – 1 hour and 40 minutes. 2kg – 1 hour 50 minutes (approximate). 2.5kg – 2 hours of work.
How long does a 3kg turkey crown take to cook?
Using the uncovered method, a 3kg turkey crown will take 1 hour 45 minutes to cook, whereas it would take 2 hours 15 minutes to cook using the covered method. Precautions must be taken since a turkey crown is completely composed of white flesh, which may become exceedingly dry if overdone, thus it is critical not to overcook it.
How long does a turkey crown take?
Oven temperature: 190°C / 180°C (Fan) / 375°F / Gas mark 5; modify cooking time to account for weight difference between ingredients.
|Turkey Crown Weight||Cooking time|
|1.5kg||1 hour 40 minutes|
|2kg / 4.5lb||1 hour 50 minutes|
|3kg||2 hours 10 minutes|
How long does a 4kg turkey crown take to cook?
What is the recommended cooking time for a turkey crown? Generally, I cook a turkey crown that is 4kg or less for 70 minutes plus 20mins x the number of kilos, thus for a 2kg turkey crown, I cook it for 110 minutes plus 20mins x the number of kilograms equals 1h50m.
How many will a 3kg turkey crown feed?
A turkey crown (weighing between 2 and 2.5kg) will serve 6 persons. A small turkey (3-4.5kg) can provide enough food for 6-8 persons. 8-10 people can be fed by a medium-sized turkey (4-5kg). A big turkey (6-6.5kg) can provide enough food for 12 to 15 persons.
How long does it take to cook a 3.5 kg turkey?
Allow 14-21 hours total cooking time for a 3.5kg-5kg (8lb-11lb) turkey. Allow around 212 hours for a 5.4kg-6.3kg (12lb-14lb) turkey. Allow approximately 3 hours to cook a 6.75kg-9kg (15lb-20lb) turkey.
How do you keep a turkey crown from drying out?
Cooking the crown with some liquid in the bottom of the roasting pan, spreading with butter, and draping it with smoked bacon will all help to keep the crown moist and prevent it from drying out during the cooking process. If you have a temperature probe, you can monitor the inside temperature of your bird as it is being cooked.
How long does a 5 kilo turkey take to cook?
The cooking time for a turkey in an oven preheated to 180°C/Gas 4 will be around 20 minutes per kilogram of weight plus an additional 70 minutes. As a result, a 5kg turkey will require around 2 hours and 50 minutes of cooking time.
How long does it take to cook a 6kg turkey?
- This will assist in keeping the steam contained within the foil while the turkey is cooking, therefore keeping the bird moist.
- Allow 20 minutes per kilogram of weight plus an additional 70 minutes for the cooking time (a 5-6kg chicken will take around 3-3 1/2 hours).
- Remove the foil for the remaining 30 minutes of cooking time and baste the turkey with the cooking juices every hour until it is done.
What temperature should turkey crown be when cooked?
Cook your turkey crown to temperature rather than weight if you want it to be precisely done. When the internal temperature of the turkey crown reaches 74°C / 165°F, it is considered cooked. Ideally, the meat will be moist and juicy at this time.