What is the approximate cooking time for a 24 pound Butterball turkey?
- It is recommended that you wait between 2-212 hours for 6-7 pounds.
- Weight of 7-10 pounds: 212-2 hours
- 10-18 pounds: 3-312 hours
- The following times are given for 18-22 pounds: 312-4 hours
- 22-24 pounds: 4-412 hours
- 412 hours for 24-30 pounds
- 412 hours for 30 pounds
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 24 pound turkey?
- 2 How long to let Butterball turkey rest after cooking?
- 3 How do you know when a 12 pound turkey is cooked?
- 4 How long does it take to cook a frozen turkey?
- 5 How long does it take to cook a 24 lb Butterball turkey?
- 6 How long do I cook a 24 pound fresh turkey?
- 7 Do you cook a Butterball turkey at 325 or 350?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a 25 pound fresh turkey?
- 9 How long do you cook a 14 lb Butterball turkey?
- 10 Should I cover my turkey with foil while cooking?
- 11 How long do I cook a 26 lb turkey?
- 12 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 13 How long do you cook a 23 lb turkey?
- 14 How long do you cook a 22 lb stuffed Butterball turkey?
- 15 How long does it take to cook a Butterball turkey?
- 16 How long does it take to cook a 30 lb turkey?
- 17 Should you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
- 18 How long do I cook a 25 lb turkey at 325?
How long does it take to cook a 24 pound turkey?
While 325 degrees Fahrenheit is usually the ideal temperature for cooking a turkey, the amount of time your bird will require in the oven may vary depending on its weight. It takes less than 3 hours to cook an 8-pound turkey without stuffing, but it might take more than 5 hours to cook a 24-pound turkey with stuffing.
How long to let Butterball turkey rest after cooking?
Following the removal of your perfectly-cooked Butterball turkey from the oven, allow it to rest for at least 20 minutes before carving it. The juices will redistribute throughout the flesh, resulting in a moist and flavorful turkey. Relax and take pleasure in spending time with your friends and family.
How do you know when a 12 pound turkey is cooked?
If your turkey weighs 12 pounds, it will require three hours of cooking time. Remove the turkey from the oven after it has been cooking for the specified amount of time and check the internal temperature. When the temperature in the breast region reaches 160 to 165 degrees, the procedure is complete. If this is not the case, return the turkey to the oven until it reaches this temperature.
How long does it take to cook a frozen turkey?
All of these timeframes are based on roasting a turkey at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.Even while it is safe to cook a totally frozen turkey, it will take at least 50 percent longer than cooking a thoroughly thawed turkey.If you are cooking from frozen, remove the giblet packet with tongs halfway through the cooking process.Cook until an instant read thermometer inserted into the deepest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long does it take to cook a 24 lb Butterball turkey?
Butterball’s recommendations for an unstuffed turkey were as follows: 12 to 2 hours for 6-10 pounds. 10 to 18 pounds: 2 to 2 and a half hours. The time it takes to lift 18-22 pounds is 212-3 hours.
How long do I cook a 24 pound fresh turkey?
How long should a turkey be roasted?
- Weights ranging from 4 to 8 pounds (breast alone) take 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours.
- 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 13 to 18 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 18 to 20 pounds
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 22 to 24 pounds
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 25 to 30 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
Do you cook a Butterball turkey at 325 or 350?
Roasting a whole turkey is less difficult than you may expect. Simply follow these straightforward procedures for cooking a fresh or frozen turkey: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Empty the fluids and blot the surface dry with clean paper towels.
How long does it take to cook a 25 pound fresh turkey?
Temperatures and times for cooking a turkey According to the University of Minnesota Extension, a 25-pound turkey will take roughly 5 hours and 30 minutes to cook until done — when a thermometer put into the thickest portion of the breast and thigh reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit — if it is stuffed.
How long do you cook a 14 lb Butterball turkey?
Lift the turkey onto a tray and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before cutting it into slices. 4-4 1/2 hours; 7 to 9 pounds; 4 to 4 1/2 hours. 9-12 pounds / 4 1/2 to 5 hours 12-14 pounds in 5-6 hours
Should I cover my turkey with foil while cooking?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
How long do I cook a 26 lb turkey?
The rule of thumb is 15 minutes per pound of turkey, but the actual cooking time may vary depending on the oven temperature, whether the turkey is filled or unstuffed, and if the bird is fresh or frozen.
|Turkey weight||Unstuffed turkey cooking time||Oven temperature|
|26 to 29 lb||4-1/2 to 5 hours||325°F|
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
How long do you cook a 23 lb turkey?
How Long Should a Turkey Be Cooked?
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|20 to 22 lb||14 to 16||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
|23 to 24 lb||16 to 20||5 to 5 1/4 hours|
How long do you cook a 22 lb stuffed Butterball turkey?
|SIZE||APPROXIAMATE THAWING TIME||APPROXIMATE ROASTING TIME 325°F|
|22 to 24 lbs||5 to 6 days||5 to 5½ hrs.|
|24 to 30 lbs||6 to 7 days||5½ to 6½ hrs.|
|If turkey is covered or placed in an oven cooking bag, time will vary|
How long does it take to cook a Butterball turkey?
Place the pan in the oven and lower the temperature to 325°F. Roast for 3 to 312 hours, or until a meat thermometer placed into the deepest part of the thigh but not touching the bone registers 180°F. If necessary, gently cover the breast and top of the drumsticks with aluminum foil approximately two-thirds of the way through the roasting process to prevent overbrowning.
How long does it take to cook a 30 lb turkey?
Our Test Kitchen and the experts at Butterball have come up with the following recommendations for roasting a 24- to 30-pound turkey when you’re ready to roast it: Cooking time for a 24- to 30-pound turkey (without stuffing): Cook for 42 to 5 hours at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Time required to roast a 24- to 30-pound turkey (stuffed): Cook for 512 to 614 hours at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Should you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
A: The Butterball company recommends roasting the turkey in a roasting pan without covering it. Butterball recommends placing aluminum foil over the breast region halfway through the cooking process to prevent it from being overly dried out.
How long do I cook a 25 lb turkey at 325?
Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight.