Roasting a turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound of weight for an unstuffed bird is our recommendation. How long should a turkey be cooked?
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|10 to 12 lb||6 to 8||2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 10 pound turkey?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
- 3 How long does it take to cook a frozen turkey?
- 4 How long to cook a Turkey in a convection oven?
- 5 How many hours does it take to cook a 13 pound turkey?
- 6 How long does a 13lb turkey take to cook at 325?
- 7 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a 13.2 pound turkey?
- 9 How long does it take to cook a 13 lb thawed turkey?
- 10 How long does it take to thaw out a 14-pound turkey?
- 11 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 12 What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
- 13 Do you put butter on turkey before cooking?
- 14 How often should you baste your turkey?
- 15 How do I keep my turkey moist?
- 16 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 17 How many people will a 12-pound turkey serve?
- 18 How long should a turkey rest?
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound turkey?
To determine the weight of your turkey, simply input the weight in pounds of your turkey and click calculate. Unstuffed turkeys require 12-15 minutes per pound of weight, but stuffed turkeys require around 15 minutes per pound of weight. These cooking durations are based on a 325 degree Fahrenheit cooking temperature and should only be used as a general guideline for cooking.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
Unstuffed turkeys require 12-15 minutes per pound of weight, but stuffed turkeys require around 15 minutes per pound of weight. These cooking durations are based on a 325 degree Fahrenheit cooking temperature and should only be used as a general guideline for cooking.
How long does it take to cook a frozen turkey?
- All of these timeframes are based on roasting a turkey at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Even while it is safe to cook a totally frozen turkey, it will take at least 50 percent longer than cooking a thoroughly thawed turkey.
- If you are cooking from frozen, remove the giblet packet with tongs halfway through the cooking process.
- Cook until an instant read thermometer inserted into the deepest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long to cook a Turkey in a convection oven?
Based on a 325°F oven and a completely defrosted or fresh chicken, this USDA table provides an estimate of cooking time. (For an unstuffed chicken, the time required is around 15 minutes per pound.) In order to cook a frozen turkey, you will need to provide at least 50% more time than the required duration. A convection oven set at 325 degrees Fahrenheit will cook your turkey more quickly.
How many hours does it take to cook a 13 pound turkey?
- Calculate the cooking time and temperature for the turkey.
- The simplest method of calculating turkey roasting times is to multiply the weight of the turkey by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey), or multiply the weight of the turkey by 15 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 4 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey).
How long does a 13lb turkey take to cook at 325?
Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight. 8 to 12 lb.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How long does it take to cook a 13.2 pound turkey?
Turkey Cooking Times
|Weight||Total cooking time|
|3.0Kg||6.6lb||2 hours, 15 minutes|
|4.0Kg||8.8lb||2 hours, 35 minutes|
|5.0Kg||11.0lb||2 hours, 55 minutes|
|6.0Kg||13.2lb||3 hours, 15 minutes|
How long does it take to cook a 13 lb thawed turkey?
If you haven’t already, take the giblet bag out of the oven after about 3-1/2 hours and set it aside. As you reach the conclusion of the cooking period, check the temperature every 20 to 30 minutes to ensure that the food does not overcook. A 12- to 13-pound turkey is perfectly done about 4 1/2 to 5 hours in the oven.
How long does it take to thaw out a 14-pound turkey?
As a result, if your turkey weighs between 4 and 12 pounds, plan on it defrosting in the refrigerator for one to three days. If it weighs between 12 and 16 pounds, make sure it is stored in the refrigerator three to four days before the holiday arrives.
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
Place the turkey in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, uncovered. Start the cooking at 400°F for the first 20 minutes of the 15-pound turkey to allow it to brown properly. Continue cooking at 325°F for the next 1 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches around 140°F to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the breast is cooked through.
Do you put butter on turkey before cooking?
Don’t smear butter on your fowl. It is not possible to make the flesh more juicy by putting butter under the skin, while it may aid in the browning of the skin. López-Alt, on the other hand, argues that butter contains around 17 percent water and will leave splotches on your bird’s skin. As an alternative, coat the skin with vegetable oil before roasting.
How often should you baste your turkey?
How often should you bast a turkey? The majority of turkey recipes will instruct you to baste your bird every 30 minutes. Nevertheless, our rule of thumb is really every forty minutes, and the following is why. There is no use in opening the oven too many times because the entire chicken will take considerably longer to cook, which is a major nuisance.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Recipe for Traditional Bread Stuffing
- Make the switch to a fresh turkey rather than a frozen one.
- It is preferable to roast two little turkeys rather than one giant bird.
- Make a brine for the turkey.
- Soft butter should be massaged into the skin.
- Loosely or not at all in the truss.
- Initially, roast the turkey upside down on a baking sheet.
- Make sure not to overcook it.
- Allow time for the turkey to rest before cutting it.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
In spite of the fact that some recipes specify that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, turkey is safe to consume once it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Breasts overcooked beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit will result in dry meat, whereas dark flesh can be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
How many people will a 12-pound turkey serve?
A bone-in breast will weigh 1 1/4 pounds per person, while a boneless breast will weigh 3/4 pound per person, depending on the size of the breast. In this case, the weight of the bone is taken into consideration. As an example, a 12-pound turkey combined with a 7-pound bone-in turkey breast will provide enough food for around 12 people.
How long should a turkey rest?
The length of resting time required varies depending on the size of the bird, but at a minimum, 20 minutes are required. Depending on the temperature of the space, a big bird may hold its breath for up to 40 minutes or more.