Roasting a turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound of weight for an unstuffed bird is our recommendation. How long should a turkey be cooked?
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|20 to 22 lb||14 to 16||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
|23 to 24 lb||16 to 20||5 to 5 1/4 hours|
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 24 pound turkey?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
- 3 What is the best temperature to cook a 15 pound turkey?
- 4 How much Turkey do I need to cook for a party?
- 5 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 6 How long does it take to cook a 23 pound turkey and at what temperature?
- 7 How long do you cook a 23 lb turkey at 350?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a stuffed 23 pound turkey?
- 9 How long do you cook a 22 pound turkey?
- 10 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 11 What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
- 12 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 13 How long does it take to cook a 22 lb turkey in a bag?
- 14 How long do I cook 24 lb turkey?
- 15 Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350 per pound?
- 16 How long does it take to cook a 24 lb Butterball turkey?
- 17 How many hours does it take to cook a 25 pound turkey?
How long does it take to cook a 24 pound turkey?
While 325 degrees Fahrenheit is usually the ideal temperature for cooking a turkey, the amount of time your bird will require in the oven may vary depending on its weight. It takes less than 3 hours to cook an 8-pound turkey without stuffing, but it might take more than 5 hours to cook a 24-pound turkey with stuffing.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
- When cooking an unstuffed turkey, a good rule of thumb is 15 to 20 minutes per pound of bird weight.
- Rather of roasting the turkey with the stuffing inside (which is no longer deemed food-safe, not to mention that doing so dries up the bird flesh), continue with this procedure and bake one of these crowd-pleasing stuffing recipes separately in a baking dish.
- Tips for Preparing a Thanksgiving Turkey
What is the best temperature to cook a 15 pound turkey?
- However, for a 15-pound roast, you can follow these oven temperature parameters; however, keep in mind that waiting until the internal temperature reaches 165F before removing the meat from the oven may allow the meat to cook even more.
- So, try roasting the turkey at 150 degrees for 20 minutes then tenting it for another 20 minutes.
- The meat will then be heated to the right doneness as a result of the carryover cooking.
How much Turkey do I need to cook for a party?
We talked with the USDA, which is the world’s foremost authority on all things turkey, and came up with this simple advice for cooking success. 1 1/2 pounds (uncooked) turkey per person is a good estimate. Make sure you provide adequate time for thawing your bird; here’s our thawing instructions to help you.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How long does it take to cook a 23 pound turkey and at what temperature?
The rule of thumb is 15 minutes per pound of turkey, but the actual cooking time may vary depending on the oven temperature, whether the turkey is filled or unstuffed, and if the bird is fresh or frozen.
|Turkey weight||Unstuffed turkey cooking time||Oven temperature|
|15 to 22 lb||3 to 4 hours||325°F|
|23 to 25 lb||4 to 4 1/2hours||325°F|
How long do you cook a 23 lb turkey at 350?
When to cook the turkey: temperature and time recommendations
- For a 10–13-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hours.
- For a 14–23-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 2–3 hours.
- For a 24-27-pound person
- For a 28–30-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed 23 pound turkey?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
|8 to 12 pounds||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|20 to 24 pounds||4 1/2 to 5 hours|
|8 to 12 pounds||3 to 3 1/2 hours|
How long do you cook a 22 pound turkey?
The easiest method of determining turkey roasting durations is to multiply the weight of the bird by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals around 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey). If your turkey weighs between 21 and 22 pounds, roast it at the following temperatures:
- 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 to 414 hours
- 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 414 to 412 hours
- 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 412 to 434 hours
- 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 434 to 5 hours
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
Place the turkey in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, uncovered. Start the cooking at 400°F for the first 20 minutes of the 15-pound turkey to allow it to brown properly. Continue cooking at 325°F for the next 1 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches around 140°F to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the breast is cooked through.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
In spite of the fact that some recipes specify that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, turkey is safe to consume once it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Breasts overcooked beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit will result in dry meat, whereas dark flesh can be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long does it take to cook a 22 lb turkey in a bag?
Cooking times for a turkey in a bag:
- A 12-15 pound turkey will take roughly 2 12 to 2 12 hours to cook.
- It will take roughly 2 12 – 3 hours to cook a 15-20 pound turkey.
- A 20-24 pound turkey will take roughly 3 12 to 3 12 hours to roast.
How long do I cook 24 lb turkey?
Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey at 325°F for 334- to 414.4 hours for a 14- to 18-pound bird. Roast one 18- to 20-pound turkey at 325°F for 414 to 412 hours for a total of 414 to 412 hours. Roast a 20- to 24-pound turkey at 325°F for 4 12 to 5 hours, depending on its size.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350 per pound?
If you’re determined to stuff the turkey, you’ll want to bake it at 325°F for 20-25 minutes per pound of bird weight, and you’ll want to cover the turkey (particularly the wings and drumsticks) with a loose tent of aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out or burning throughout the baking.
How long does it take to cook a 24 lb Butterball turkey?
Butterball’s recommendations for an unstuffed turkey were as follows: 12 to 2 hours for 6-10 pounds. 10 to 18 pounds: 2 to 2 and a half hours. The time it takes to lift 18-22 pounds is 212-3 hours.
How many hours does it take to cook a 25 pound turkey?
Temperatures and times for cooking a turkey According to the University of Minnesota Extension, a 25-pound turkey will take roughly 5 hours and 30 minutes to cook until done — when a thermometer put into the thickest portion of the breast and thigh reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit — if it is stuffed.