Timetable for roasting a turkey at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius)*
|8 – 10 lbs (3.6 – 4.5 kg)||2 h 40 min – 3 h 30 min|
|11 – 13 lbs (5.0 – 5.9 kg)||3 h 40 min – 4 h 20 min|
|14 – 16 lbs (6.4 – 7.3 kg)||4 h 40 min – 5 h 20 min|
|17 – 19 lbs (7.7 – 8.6 kg)||5 h 40 min – 6 h 20 min|
- 1 How long does it take to cook a turkey 11 lb?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a 11 lb turkey at 325?
- 3 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 4 What temperature do you cook a 11 pound turkey?
- 5 How long does it take to cook a 11 lb Butterball turkey?
- 6 How long does it take for a 11 lb turkey to thaw?
- 7 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 8 What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
- 9 Do you put butter on turkey before cooking?
- 10 Do you cook a 12 pound turkey at 325 or 350?
- 11 How do I keep my turkey moist?
- 12 How often should you baste your turkey?
- 13 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 14 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 15 How long should a turkey rest?
How long does it take to cook a turkey 11 lb?
- Weights ranging from 4 to 8 pounds (breast alone) take 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours.
- 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 13 to 18 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 18 to 20 pounds
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 22 to 24 pounds
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 25 to 30 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
How long does it take to cook a 11 lb turkey at 325?
Always use a thermometer to assess when something is done. The temperature of the thigh muscle should read 175°F on your meat thermometer ($15, Target). Roast a turkey (8 to 12 pounds) at 325°F for 234 to 3 hours, depending on its size. Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 3 to 334 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
What temperature do you cook a 11 pound turkey?
Roasting a turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound of weight for an unstuffed bird is our recommendation. We’ve done the math for you — use the table below to figure out how long your turkey should cook and how many servings you should expect (including leftovers!).
How long does it take to cook a 11 lb Butterball turkey?
Butterball’s recommendations for an unstuffed turkey were as follows:
- 6-10 pounds: 112 to 2 hours
- 112 to 2 hours
- 10-18 pounds: 2-212 hours
- The time required for 18-22 pounds is 212-3 hours.
- 3312 hours for 22-24 pounds
How long does it take for a 11 lb turkey to thaw?
As a result, if your turkey weighs between 4 and 12 pounds, plan on it defrosting in the refrigerator for one to three days. If it weighs between 12 and 16 pounds, make sure it is stored in the refrigerator three to four days before the holiday arrives.
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
Place the turkey in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, uncovered. Start the cooking at 400°F for the first 20 minutes of the 15-pound turkey to allow it to brown properly. Continue cooking at 325°F for the next 1 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches around 140°F to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the breast is cooked through.
Do you put butter on turkey before cooking?
Don’t smear butter on your fowl. It is not possible to make the flesh more juicy by putting butter under the skin, while it may aid in the browning of the skin. López-Alt, on the other hand, argues that butter contains around 17 percent water and will leave splotches on your bird’s skin. As an alternative, coat the skin with vegetable oil before roasting.
Do you cook a 12 pound turkey at 325 or 350?
If your turkey weights 12 to 14 pounds, roast it at 350°F for 234 to 3 hours or until it is well cooked through. 325°F for 3 to 3 34 hours at 325°F.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Recipe for Traditional Bread Stuffing
- Make the switch to a fresh turkey rather than a frozen one.
- It is preferable to roast two little turkeys rather than one giant bird.
- Make a brine for the turkey.
- Soft butter should be massaged into the skin.
- Loosely or not at all in the truss.
- Initially, roast the turkey upside down on a baking sheet.
- Make sure not to overcook it.
- Allow time for the turkey to rest before cutting it.
How often should you baste your turkey?
How often should you bast a turkey? The majority of turkey recipes will instruct you to baste your bird every 30 minutes. Nevertheless, our rule of thumb is really every forty minutes, and the following is why. There is no use in opening the oven too many times because the entire chicken will take considerably longer to cook, which is a major nuisance.
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
In spite of the fact that some recipes specify that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, turkey is safe to consume once it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Breasts overcooked beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit will result in dry meat, whereas dark flesh can be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long should a turkey rest?
The length of resting time required varies depending on the size of the bird, but at a minimum, 20 minutes are required. Depending on the temperature of the space, a big bird may hold its breath for up to 40 minutes or more.