Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey at 325°F for 334- to 414.4 hours for a 14- to 18-pound bird. Roast one 18- to 20-pound turkey at 325°F for 414 to 412 hours for a total of 414 to 412 hours. Roast a 20- to 24-pound turkey at 325°F for 4 12 to 5 hours, depending on its size.
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 24 pound turkey?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
- 3 How long does it take to cook a fully thawed Turkey?
- 4 What is the best temperature to cook a 15 pound turkey?
- 5 How long it takes to cook a 17 pound turkey?
- 6 What temperature and how long do you cook a 17 pound turkey?
- 7 How long does it take to cook a 17 pound turkey unstuffed?
- 8 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 9 How long does it take to cook a 17 lb turkey at 350?
- 10 How long does it take to cook a 18 lb Butterball turkey?
- 11 How long should you cook a 16 lb stuffed turkey?
- 12 How long do you cook s turkey for?
- 13 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 14 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 15 Should a turkey be cooked upside down?
- 16 Should you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
- 17 How do I keep my turkey moist?
- 18 How often should you baste your turkey?
- 19 Do you really need to baste a turkey?
How long does it take to cook a 24 pound turkey?
While 325 degrees Fahrenheit is usually the ideal temperature for cooking a turkey, the amount of time your bird will require in the oven may vary depending on its weight. It takes less than 3 hours to cook an 8-pound turkey without stuffing, but it might take more than 5 hours to cook a 24-pound turkey with stuffing.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
Unstuffed turkeys require 12-15 minutes per pound of weight, but stuffed turkeys require around 15 minutes per pound of weight. These cooking durations are based on a 325 degree Fahrenheit cooking temperature and should only be used as a general guideline for cooking. It is only via the use of a meat thermometer that you can be certain that a turkey is safe to consume.
How long does it take to cook a fully thawed Turkey?
It takes less than 3 hours to cook an 8-pound turkey without stuffing, but it might take more than 5 hours to cook a 24-pound turkey with stuffing. Here’s how long it takes to cook a completely thawed turkey according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
What is the best temperature to cook a 15 pound turkey?
However, for a 15-pound roast, you can follow these oven temperature parameters; however, keep in mind that waiting until the internal temperature reaches 165F before removing the meat from the oven may allow the meat to cook even more.So, try roasting the turkey at 150 degrees for 20 minutes then tenting it for another 20 minutes.The meat will then be heated to the right doneness as a result of the carryover cooking.
How long it takes to cook a 17 pound turkey?
- Weights ranging from 4 to 8 pounds (breast alone) take 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours.
- 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 13 to 18 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 18 to 20 pounds
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 22 to 24 pounds
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 25 to 30 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
What temperature and how long do you cook a 17 pound turkey?
How long should the turkey be cooked? If you’re roasting an empty turkey, you’ll need 13 minutes per pound of weight, and 15 minutes per pound if you’re stuffing it. What temperature should the turkey be cooked at? Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit after placing the turkey inside.
How long does it take to cook a 17 pound turkey unstuffed?
Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How long does it take to cook a 17 lb turkey at 350?
The simplest method of calculating turkey roasting times is to multiply the weight of the turkey by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey), or multiply the weight of the turkey by 15 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 4 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey).
How long does it take to cook a 18 lb Butterball turkey?
Butterball’s recommendations for an unstuffed turkey were as follows: 12 to 2 hours for 6-10 pounds. 10 to 18 pounds: 2 to 2 and a half hours. The time it takes to lift 18-22 pounds is 212-3 hours.
How long should you cook a 16 lb stuffed turkey?
It takes longer to cook a filled turkey than it does an unstuffed bird. Roast a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes each pound of weight. Important: Check the internal temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when the thermometer is placed in the center of the stuffing, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
How long do you cook s turkey for?
Cook the turkey, uncovered, in the preheated oven for about 3 hours, or until the meat is no longer pink at the bone and the juices flow clear. If you place an instant-read thermometer into the thickest area of your thigh, close to the bone, the temperature should register 180 degrees F. (82 degrees C).
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
Should a turkey be cooked upside down?
Here are her three secrets to preparing the ideal Thanksgiving turkey: Cook the turkey breast side down for the best results. The liquids from the turkey roast down towards the breast, resulting in the most luscious flesh possible. In addition, the breast is more shielded from the heat, which helps to prevent it from becoming overly dried out.
Should you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
A: The Butterball company recommends roasting the turkey in a roasting pan without covering it. Butterball recommends placing aluminum foil over the breast region halfway through the cooking process to prevent it from being overly dried out.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Recipe for Traditional Bread Stuffing
- Make the switch to a fresh turkey rather than a frozen one.
- It is preferable to roast two little turkeys rather than one giant bird.
- Make a brine for the turkey.
- Soft butter should be massaged into the skin.
- Loosely or not at all in the truss.
- Initially, roast the turkey upside down on a baking sheet.
- Make sure not to overcook it.
- Allow time for the turkey to rest before cutting it.
How often should you baste your turkey?
How often should you bast a turkey? The majority of turkey recipes will instruct you to baste your bird every 30 minutes. Nevertheless, our rule of thumb is really every forty minutes, and the following is why. There is no use in opening the oven too many times because the entire chicken will take considerably longer to cook, which is a major nuisance.
Do you really need to baste a turkey?
When cooking a turkey, basting is entirely optional. The key to ensuring a moist turkey is to avoid overcooking the bird. If possible, use a remote digital thermometer that will send you an alarm when the turkey is fully cooked but still has some juice in it. When basting the chicken, do so every 30 minutes if you so like.