Calculate the cooking time and temperature for a turkey. The simplest method of calculating turkey roasting times is to multiply the weight of the turkey by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey), or multiply the weight of the turkey by 15 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 4 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey).
- 1 How long does it take to cook a Turkey?
- 2 How much Turkey do I need to cook per person?
- 3 How long to roast a stuffed turkey per pound?
- 4 How long to cook a Turkey in a convection oven?
- 5 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 6 How long does a 14 lb turkey take to cook at 325?
- 7 How many minutes per pound do you cook a 16 pound turkey?
- 8 How long does a 10 lbs turkey take to cook?
- 9 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 10 Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
- 11 How long does it take to thaw out a 14 pound turkey?
- 12 How long do you cook a 14 pound Butterball turkey?
- 13 How long do you cook a 17 lb turkey?
- 14 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 15 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 16 Do you cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 or 350?
- 17 How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 325?
- 18 How long does it take to cook a 15 lb Butterball turkey?
How long does it take to cook a Turkey?
Roasting a turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound of weight for an unstuffed bird is our recommendation. We’ve done the math for you — use the table below to figure out how long your turkey should cook and how many servings you should expect (including leftovers!). Follow the instructions on this chart to determine the cooking time for your turkey based on the size of your bird.
How much Turkey do I need to cook per person?
Unless otherwise specified, all cooking times are for a whole unstuffed turkey placed on a rack in a roasting pan and baked in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven. Turkey should be served at a rate of one to one and a half pounds per person, depending on how much you enjoy leftovers!
How long to roast a stuffed turkey per pound?
Roast a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes each pound of weight.Important: Check the internal temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when the thermometer is placed in the center of the stuffing, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.Remove the package of giblets from the cavity of the bird and set them aside to use in gravy or stuffing the following day.
How long to cook a Turkey in a convection oven?
Based on a 325°F oven and a completely defrosted or fresh chicken, this USDA table provides an estimate of cooking time. (For an unstuffed chicken, the time required is around 15 minutes per pound.) In order to cook a frozen turkey, you will need to provide at least 50% more time than the required duration. A convection oven set at 325 degrees Fahrenheit will cook your turkey more quickly.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How long does a 14 lb turkey take to cook at 325?
Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 3 to 334 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird. Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey at 325°F for 334- to 414.4 hours for a 14- to 18-pound bird. Roast one 18- to 20-pound turkey at 325°F for 414 to 412 hours for a total of 414 to 412 hours.
How many minutes per pound do you cook a 16 pound turkey?
Instead, if the breast flesh begins to brown excessively near the conclusion of the cooking process, we prefer to just cover it with aluminum foil and continue cooking. The bird should be roasted. When it comes to cooking a turkey, the rule of thumb is 13 minutes per pound of meat. As a result, our 16-pound turkey was expected to cook in around 3 1/2 hours.
How long does a 10 lbs turkey take to cook?
How Long Should a Turkey Be Cooked?
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|10 to 12 lb||6 to 8||2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
Cover your roasting pan with a lid or aluminum foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on the size of your bird) before removing the lid or foil and continuing to cook uncovered for the remaining time. Every half hour or so, baste your turkey with a little olive oil. Basting, on the other hand, will not make your turkey moister; instead, it will encourage even browning of the skin.
How long does it take to thaw out a 14 pound turkey?
As a result, if your turkey weighs between 4 and 12 pounds, plan on it defrosting in the refrigerator for one to three days. If it weighs between 12 and 16 pounds, make sure it is stored in the refrigerator three to four days before the holiday arrives.
How long do you cook a 14 pound Butterball turkey?
Lift the turkey onto a tray and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before cutting it into slices. 4-4 1/2 hours; 7 to 9 pounds; 4 to 4 1/2 hours. 9-12 pounds / 4 1/2 to 5 hours 12-14 pounds in 5-6 hours
How long do you cook a 17 lb turkey?
- Weights ranging from 4 to 8 pounds (breast alone) take 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours.
- 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 13 to 18 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 18 to 20 pounds
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 22 to 24 pounds
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 25 to 30 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
In spite of the fact that some recipes specify that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, turkey is safe to consume once it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Breasts overcooked beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit will result in dry meat, whereas dark flesh can be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
Do you cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 or 350?
A 10-13 pound turkey (with giblets) should be baked for 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 hours at 350 degrees. Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 2-3 hours for a 14-23 pound turkey (weighted with giblets).
How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 325?
When to cook the turkey: temperature and time recommendations
- For a 10–13-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hours.
- For a 14–23-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 2–3 hours.
- For a 24-27-pound person
- For a 28–30-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours.
How long does it take to cook a 15 lb Butterball turkey?
Butterball advised the following cooking times for a chicken that was not stuffed: 1.
- 6-7 pounds: 2-212 hours
- 7-8 pounds: 2-212 hours
- 7-10 pounds: 212-3 hours
- 11-20 pounds: 212-3 hours
- 3312 hours for 10-18 pounds
- 3312 hours for 20-30 pounds
- 3312 hours for 30 pounds
- 3 to 4 hours for 18-22 pounds
- 3 to 4 hours for 22 pounds.
- 22-24 pounds: 4-412 hours
- 4 12 to 5 hours for 24-30 pounds